Can anyone recommend rims for me??

gujuman24

5+ Year Member
Ok i own a 99 honda civic EX 4DR sliver, Canadian version,
i'm looking to purchase a tire and rim package for around 1500$ CAN (crossing my fingers)
looking for 17's and i need some ideas, i posted a thread about Spyn rims but i found them to be cheap knock offs of more expensive rims.

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gujuman24 said:
Ok i own a 99 honda civic EX 4DR sliver, Canadian version,
i'm looking to purchase a tire and rim package for around 1500$ CAN (crossing my fingers)
looking for 17's and i need some ideas, i posted a thread about Spyn rims but i found them to be cheap knock offs of more expensive rims.
ew dude don't get 17's...worst mistake of my life. I'd go with a 16" rota slipstream..it is a really nice, basic rim..that or the speedy racemode =)

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get some rotas bro...or Si's.....and plz dont get 17's...if you want them that big..go with 16s trust me..............

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmoua said:
get some rotas bro...or Si's.....and plz dont get 17's...if you want them that big..go with 16s trust me..............
my thoughts exactly! 8)

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats wrong with 17in wheels? i have 17in wheels. and i'ma get 215/45/17 size tires to go with them. 17 is good!.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
whats wrong with 17in wheels? i have 17in wheels. and i'ma get 215/45/17 size tires to go with them. 17 is good!.
The reason most of us say dont get 17s is just cuz of personal preference AND because larger wheels like 17's and up take more power to spin = in slower car. Large wheels on most civic dont look that great unless you get some kind of suspension drop and a a bodykit or lip kit, if you dont do that then your lil civic looks like a cool monster truck yay. lol. The "Large Wheel Era" kinda passed, along with body decals, big wings, and Fast and the Furious. But like I said it is personal preference and your money so you do what makes ya feel happy. In my opinion if you want a bigger wheel I say go with some 16's, and definately check out WWW.edgeracing.com they have a pretty good selection on wheel and tire packages, if you go there I doubt you will spen more than 1000 and have enough money left to spend on your suspension if you havent already.

Ok, can I get a noble peace prize now...........someone

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I think you should get some rotas or si's so that you can be just like everyone else

He didn't ask what size wheels to get he asked about brand. Why don't you guys ever realize that not everyone likes the same things. I have 17" wheels and 2" drop and I love the way it looks. Do you all have to?? NO, but don't tell me what to buy unless I ask.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol $1500 CAN i dunno...17'' at that? definitely not :lol:
but def. worth a look and :drool:

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
lol $1500 CAN i dunno...17'' at that? definitely not :lol:
but def. worth a look and :drool:

those wheels are f**king gorgeous

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got some konig holes and they look pretty good i just need to buy some rubber for them...lol

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why do we have to recommend rims?
get whatever the hell you want.

BlingStawk

I Believe in The Fast.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all of this dont get 17's bs needs to stop. im laughing so hard i cant eat my dinner. he didnt ask for things to hate on like you players. he asked whats a good rim and deal package and prefers 17s. geeeeze......

and yes i own 17's and i like the SHU4's on my car. i would say check them out.
http://www.streetstyler.com/TenzoWheels.htm

Civicboy10

5+ Year Member
If you want to check out a half decent Canadian site for rims, there's www.tiretrends.com They're an Ontario based online company which should work out good for you. I know a couple people that got rims from them and they look pretty nice.