Can someone please explain what this means?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should have pulled out a gun and shot the cop. That's what 2pac would have done.

WW2PD

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much is the citation for?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did the fuel tanker have to stop because you were in the way?

cfultz

VTEC Just Kicked In Yo!
5+ Year Member
@MugenKid18 Probably right around $165 but I'm not worried about that as much as how many points will be put on my driving record. 4!!! That's insane for this infraction!

@LowNotSlow No one had to break or stop for me to clear the intersection.

@oddeb707 Lol that didn't even cross my mind lol

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he was yelling at you? was he excited to see you?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no one's gonna say it? reeeealy?

YOU LIVE IN VA! if theres one thing i hate about living in VA, its their traffic and automotive laws. and for some reason, cops in VA seem hard-pressed to enforce the most insignificant of laws.

on that note....you did mess up, there's no denying that. but most officers should have let that go...no harm no foul

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In the end no one got hurt. I'd have to say that it would have been the truck that failed to signal to be at fault. If the signal was there, OP would have probably waited (or am I assuming incorrectly?) to turn left.

Given that the truck in front of him decided to forgo the turn signal, OP could have been the cause of a scene/accident because the truck in front of him failed to show intent to turn.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and btw i think the "quota" thing isnt true. it just LOOKS better for a cop to sign out more tickets, as if they're more prone to notice violations. My uncle is a cop and he swears by what ever he believes in that there is no such thing as a quota.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some cops are just dicks. my brother just got a cni in my civic because as the cop says "spinning tires in multiple gears and lost control of the vehicle( apparently my car is rwd). all while my brother and a friend were driving straight down the road. he said he did spin the tires at the stop light cuz it was wet but some cops just are hardasses. and some are cool. just gotta hope you get the ones that arent dicks

cfultz

VTEC Just Kicked In Yo!
5+ Year Member
Maybe it's that way in bloomington and I'm not cutting on police at all but in staunton our cops are dickholes

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You also shouldn't follow another car from a center lane right after it leaves for that exactly problem. That's probably what the ticket is for, you didn't stop and allow the car in front of you to complete his turn, you just followed through.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In the end no one got hurt. I'd have to say that it would have been the truck that failed to signal to be at fault. If the signal was there, OP would have probably waited (or am I assuming incorrectly?) to turn left.

Given that the truck in front of him decided to forgo the turn signal, OP could have been the cause of a scene/accident because the truck in front of him failed to show intent to turn.
You obviously either dont understand what happened, or you are an idiot. The truck in front of him had to turn left before it turned right into the parking lot. How is the truck in front of him going to signal the right hand turn before he signals the right hand turn???

And for the OP. If you go in and try to plea to the judge that since no one got hurt you should not be charged, any judge in their right mind will laugh. Just because someone runs a red light or drives 30 over the speed limit, if no one got hurt that means they shouldnt get a ticket?? No sir thats not how it works. I think you got caught in a bad situation with a bad cop, because there was no way for you to know that the truck was going to turn. If you want to fight it then go in and explain to the judge exactly what happened. Tell him that it was a misunderstanding and that you are glad nobody got hurt, and will make sure that when you get back on the road you will drive more carefully.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just say bite the bullet and deal with it. It should be around a 80-100 dollar ticket.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alot of cops in VA are pretty strict but one thing ive realized is that they are regular people just like you and me and if you are nice to them they will usually be nice back to you. one time my buddy got caught doing 54 in a 45 and the cop didnt catch up to pull us over for about 2 minutes. when he finally got us he said "you need to slow down ive been trying to find you for the past mile and a half" and my friend's reply was "sorry officer i got here as fast as i could." the cop just laughed and let him off with a warning.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he finally got us he said "you need to slow down ive been trying to find you for the past mile and a half" and my friend's reply was "sorry officer i got here as fast as i could."
I'll have to remember that. :rolf:

Ryoslide

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand that the truck realy is what caused the problem here, he turnned without signaling and caused the problem had he gone straight you both would have made it and no problem there. I guess following the truck was a bad idea, everyone makes turns like that everyday, I know for a fact I do it daily or I would never get turnned durring a busy day. Its kind of crazy to think that you should wait for the other car/truck to clear the intersection to make your own turn. I woud say that the property that has an entrance to it, that close to a turn/corner like in your drawing makes for a dangerous corner in my mind.

So rry for your bad luck man

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its kind of crazy to think that you should wait for the other car/truck to clear the intersection to make your own turn.
How is that crazy? It's called common sense. You don't follow another car making a turn across oncoming traffic for that exact reason, you don't know what he's going to do. I'd rather wait 5 minutes to make a safe turn, than follow a car make a turn and end up being hit by oncoming traffic because the guy in front of me didn't signal for another turn and slowed down or stopped completely.

cfultz

VTEC Just Kicked In Yo!
5+ Year Member
so im thinking about just saying screw it and paying the ticket... but then ill have to take driver safety courses to lower my points... i already have 12... 1) Speeding in my Pathfinder (lol) 2) Wrecking my LX (RIP) 3) Failure to Stop at Stoplight... which was a bullshit charge too.