Can you make a D15B7 quick?

didaskolos

5+ Year Member
I was just wondering can I take a D15B7 and make it quick or would it even be worth it.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ok may be turbo it

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any car can be quick as far as the d17 there is nit much out there for parts i dont think

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i see some decent z6 turbo civic on the race track. hell there was one that was pullin mid 11 in a turbo d series.

personally if u want to keep a d swap a z6 vtec, cause u can normally find the engine for about 200$. swap it in and turbo the thing to abot 6 lbs. if u want more slap some pistons and rods in it maybe a bit of headwork and some basic bolts ons and run higher boost combos. its not unheard of to have 250-300 horse in a turbo d

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure, I can make a d15b7 do 11's...once and you'll need a tow truck.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's your definition of quick?

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could just slap a turbo kit on it and it would be alittle faster.. Which Im thinkin about doing....
You could go all motor if you wanted to.. Get a z6 intake manifold, header, intake, exhaust, port n polish the head, maybe get some higher compression pistons, and sum other things like that.. Basic bolt ons and sum internals.. Using an ex tranny would be alittle better too because of the gear ratios.. You could always go bottle fed (aka nitrous) but thats all upto you on that one..

Now Ive heard that you can use a d16a6 non vtec aftermarket cam shafts in a b7 but not positive on that..