Canister Valve for Evap System?

jorge99hx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How hard is it to change the canister valve for the Evap system on a 99 civic hx. I know you have to drop the fuel tank, so im just wondering if someone has done it and how hard it was?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tha valve on the canister itself you shouldn't have to drop the tank?? are you getting code po1457??? if so i can be about 7 possible things wrong

jorge99hx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
tha valve on the canister itself you shouldn't have to drop the tank?? are you getting code po1457??? if so i can be about 7 possible things wrong
Yeah thats the code P1457 and I took it to the dealer to get diagnose because I knew it could have been a multitude of things. The dealer said it was two things, one the bypass valve, and two the canister valve and the dealer said they needed to drop the fuel tank for the canister valve.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could prob do that yourself to be honest, our tanks are easy to drop, just do it closer to empty ya know, just pull the fuel line from the top under the seat and drop the two straps and to the back left top of the tank you'll find all that emission bullshit

jorge99hx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah im going to have to do because they are charging me like over 600 bucks for two valves so Im going to attempt to do it. I have to do it before the end of this month.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jorge99hx said:
yeah im going to have to do because they are charging me like over 600 bucks for two valves so Im going to attempt to do it. I have to do it before the end of this month.
WHAAAT bro please tell me you didn't order those already, you can get those ALOT cheaper on hondaautomotiveaccesories.com just find out exactly which part you need and order it, they are raping you big time

jorge99hx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i didnt order them, I have to buy the accessories and then install them myself.

jorge99hx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the site hondaautomotiveaccessories.com does not exist anymore since it does not seem to work? does anyone know if it is still up?

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the exact name for "EVAP valvue"

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the exact name for "EVAP valvue"
Erective Vajayjay Aprehensive Plantation.

Get a new gas cap, check your evap soleniod on the fuel rail, replace those 2 first, then report back. Check all hoses.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
P1457 = The Devil, you can replace soo many things and it will jsut come back to haunt you. I along with 2 other of my freinds that have 99-00 SiR's have the code, we have tried swapping a few parts... Gas Cover, the whole Canister, just using a dremmil to make the valve open and close easier... nothing has really fixed them yet.

Mine does not come on often, just when I'm low on gas or it has been raning for a few days.