Can't Find a Turbo Kit Anywhere!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but why would you do all that work for an inferior ignition system to use an inferior tuning system?
QUOTE]
It was simply readily available to us. Definitely not saying it's the best option.
Whats the matter with a ton of turbo d's. Chicks love the d.
nothing wrong with turbo D's at all, just saying that when it's a matter of dollar per performance, you really can't beat a turbo D.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have contributed nothing to this thread. telling someone there car is s**t so just buy another one is not a contribution neither is insulating members. your 24 years old why not act like it ???

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You have the WORST CIVIC FOR BOOSTING/MODIFYING

That is why you cant find kits for them, no one wants to mess with them.

Buy an older civic, best thing you can do.
Lowlife, since reading comprehension has escaped you I will lay it out step by step. I clearly said, his platform is the worst to turbocharge and modify from a performance standpoint. Your reply is it just as good as any grocery getter, and you said it better than anyone in here. It was made to get groceries and be a great economy car, thats it. Each one of my posts have facts to back my statement up, where you have simply blurted out nonsense, and made yourself look like every other nut swinging half-wit that has zero clue what they are arguing about. Who did I insult? If it was you it is probably because you realized I'm right about what I said. This thread was not about what is the best civic to drive back and forth to the store, the OP wanted to know where turbo kits are and I flat out told him youre in for a disappointment. So I gave him a better option performance wise. I love the act my age thing from somone who is arguing over modifying civics on the internet. Youre six years older than me and still playing the keyboard toughguy, man I need to get my s**t together and act like you.

CHILD, look I do not want to call anyone out, you've seemed cool and do know your way around most Honda's at least, but I just do not see the chrome tuned d17. You have to run OBD1, which I dont even know if you can convert a 01+ honda to that.....read this http://www.d-series.org/forums/7th-gen/151318-7th-gen-obd1-conversion-pros-please-look-inside-2.html
I simply do not think anyone has done it, if your friend did, then whatever.

Ok so I've seen one youtube vid of it, with zero follow up.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
By looks of that read you can convert to obd1 but the option to do so is not good for a tuning sense. Yet still they do have hondata software which will support it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
By looks of that read you can convert to obd1 but the option to do so is not good for a tuning sense. Yet still they do have hondata software which will support it.
I didnt see anywhere that said the plugs are even the same, I would assume you would have to do it the same way you would swapping a k series into an 92-00 chassis. So with an older ecu anything dealing with the dash would not work because the older ecu's dont have the provisions to run the multiplex cables that go to the dash in the EM2

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Its a matter of some of the plugs would not work to the full extent with obd1. The vehicle would run like dog s**t by what i comprehend by that short read.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:roll: after knowing it's not the popular route you continue on because you don't find many answers on the Web. You can convert back. It's not the preferred method nor the easiest. The easy methods are always more expensive, which would validate your point on the money front, but everybody doesn't follow the Sande old routine as the next guy just like my build. Don't be so quick to say it can't be done just because it's not mainstream.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
:roll: after knowing it's not the popular route you continue on because you don't find many answers on the Web. You can convert back. It's not the preferred method nor the easiest. The easy methods are always more expensive, which would validate your point on the money front, but everybody doesn't follow the Sande old routine as the next guy just like my build. Don't be so quick to say it can't be done just because it's not mainstream.
Dude, you said your friend took an em2, converted the to OBD1 and tuned it on chrome. There is nothing that says an obd1 ecu can possibly do that. There are a handful of instances where people take the d17, drop it into a 6th gen and run it with with obd1 or 2, that makes sense because the dash harness can communicate with the older ecu and work. I am asking how he did it, did the dash not work? Or did he do something else. This has nothing to do with the bang vs buck vs mainstream or whatever. I just want to know how it was done, to educate myself and anyone who asks.

03CivicExCoupe

X2 ^^^

I was going to suggest the TSI kit also, it comes with a gt28r internally waste gated at 6-7 psi, and base maps for daily driving use.

I found the complete kits on procivic.com under performance-turbo kits. Although I would highly recommend some sort of tune. I wouldn't solely rely on their black box method.
THANK YOU! Lol. This is great and gives me somewhere to at least start, even if I don't buy it, gives me a very good overview of everything and a starting point to compare from. I don't want to get a new car, I know this one well and have everything fixed and uptodate and how I like it. You never know what your getting when you buy someone elses crapbox. I know its not a crazy fast car at all, but I'd like to make it better at least. Sorry I didn't reply at first, didn't seem like much point with everyone saying not to do it and arguing. Will keep you guys up to date on what I decide to do and how it goes. If anyone has anymore advice please post here.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, you said your friend took an em2, converted the to OBD1 and tuned it on chrome. There is nothing that says an obd1 ecu can possibly do that. There are a handful of instances where people take the d17, drop it into a 6th gen and run it with with obd1 or 2, that makes sense because the dash harness can communicate with the older ecu and work. I am asking how he did it, did the dash not work? Or did he do something else. This has nothing to do with the bang vs buck vs mainstream or whatever. I just want to know how it was done, to educate myself and anyone who asks.
His dash worked just fine, it was completely rewired by a small ass tuner shop that was in Biloxi Mississippi outside of Keesler AFB. It's not like I monitored the car throughout it's build or documented anything about it, but what was done was done. Believe it or not, I don't care, I can't give you details of the process, because I didn't do it, the car owner was affiliated with my team, had the car modded, and was something that most people we ran into had never seen done before. After the military, I haven't had contact with him to ask him anything about the car, but i just shared my experience of seeing it done.

Sn00pyzz

I m just what your looking for

i actually own a 05 coupe , d17a block d17a2 head ( best compression possible ) + turbonetics turbine, all vibrants, greedy, Aem, russels, mishimoto...i mean evreything u possibly want as best quality...im selling all of it eccept for the car itself....geting a k20a type r 6 speed in it....so if your interested....nick_01@live.ca