cant get stock air box off. please help me.

HONDA_CIVIC_EJ8

5+ Year Member
Alright im just getting around to put my new intake on today and my friends and i are having alot of trouble tryin to get the stock air box off. we took the top 2 bolts off and there is a rubber grommet on the bottom of it and we dont know how to get it off of there. we tried to push it off and wouldnt budge at all. do you got a clue how to do this?

Thanks

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your talking about the resonator then its the item right below the airbox?? Then you'll need to take off your bumper to be able to completely remove it.

Item # 11 Right?

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cut number 16 in half, and then pulled it up with the air box, then just take off the bumper for the resenator

HONDA_CIVIC_EJ8

5+ Year Member
the thing we cant get off is the big square looking thing on the stop where you put the filter in. we took out the 2 screws and then on the bottom of it there is a rubber grommet and you should be able to slide it off but we cant. we havnt gotten anything off yet. and im not sure how to remove the sensor out of the stock intake pipe and there is another one i cant get off and that one it just to the left of the sensor, i was able to get the hose off the comes from the intake thoe.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
i think you have to jsut yank it out. i remember i spent liek 30 min trying to unscrew a screw but in fact it wasnt a screw at all but some clip or something. for the tube thing jsut take off ur bumper or turn your passenger wheel all the way and unscrew the lining and get it out from there.