Can't Get the motor to Run right?

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so here is my problem. I swaped a b16a into my 97 cx and i have conversion harness and i'm running a p28 Ecu. we finished all the wiring up today except the vtec. filled the motor full of fluids and connected everything. The motor started up and it sounds like it's running smooth..but here is the problem all it really wants to do it idle..and when i starts to warm up the shuts-off. So i'm getting spark and fuel, but i am using obd2 fuel injectors i was told that was i needed. What could be Wrong..the dizzy or the injectors and what we can seem to figure it out. we tried backing it out of the drive way but you have to hold the gas in alot or it will Die... Please any info would be Sweet i've been without a car for a month now and i really need it back

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your grounds. i.e. valve cover to driver side head light, tranny to body, and lastly on the water neck there is a 10mm bolt that has a ground on it check it.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're using a p28, the dizzy must be obd1, not sure about injectors
*edit* nevermind, conversion harness

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the dizzy is obd1 but im using my obd2 cap for it, a shop told me i could use obd2 injectors but also when we try to keep the motor alive it dosen't have any rev it just goes baww baww baww.. if you know what i mean

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also how do i pull the check engine codes if i have and obd2 car and im using and obd1 ecu

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you using your original injectors? if so, you have to change them. i had the same problem.. the car is leaning out.

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im using the original injectors from my obd2 d16y7 i was told that they where the same as the b16, or they would at least work the same

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats the problem right there. either get a set of b-series or some ex injectors . i had the same exact problem. 96-00 cx and dx injectors are 190cc no matter what you hear. you need the 240's.

SuperSize

japanese muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok... i will swap them out to, the motor came with some 0bd2 b16 injectors also but we switched them out when we put the dizzy cap from the d16y7 on because the motor would'nt fire with the other one..and i think we missed a ground from the valve cover to the headlight also, I hope this works