Cant tell if the 1991 civic si i just bought is a 1.5l or 1.6

infuser2001

5+ Year Member
Having a wierd issue, the VIN# at carfax says its a 1.5L, but it also says it a Civic Si and from what i understand they only came with 1.6L. Under the hood it says 1.6L on the hood but i dont know if the hood was replaced.

Its says DOHC on the engine if thay helps and its a 5 speed stick with no a/c or p/s w/ power sun roof.

Any ideas will help so i can by some parts for a tune up etc.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look to the left of the engine just next to the exhaust manifold and underneath the distributor. there should be a molded plate bearing a letter first then a number.. then another letter and maybe another number after it.

if it just says ZC.... then you have a DOHC ZC engine. which is a nice motor. post that code and we will tell you what it is.

also.. post the vin number.. if in the vin number you find... ED7 then it should be a civic SI no doubt. if it says ED6 then... i would be contacting someone about vin fraud... is the sun roof look factory? or is it one of those flip up deals. the factory moon roof should retract into the headliner.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They didnt come with power steering but they did have AC. Si's have sunroof's, tachometer, front lip, painted bumpers and AC.

infuser2001

5+ Year Member
VIN#
2HGED7363MH593309

It does have a power moon roof not a flip up, looks factory too me. It dont not have a/c or p/s but will get back too you on the engine #.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VIN#
2HGED7363MH593309

It does have a power moon roof not a flip up, looks factory too me. It dont not have a/c or p/s but will get back too you on the engine #.
there should be a button on the dash for AC but if your motor is not stock.. chances are the AC has already been removed.