Car Accident, hopes it's a easy fix....

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
So anyways, I was at a light coming outside the Resort I work at. The car in front of me suddenly reversed and I reacted and I reversed. Well I totally forgot, but my resort had a sign behind me and I went backed up into it. My driver back tire jumped up and my bumper hit the wall.

Anyways, when I drove away, cause I only saw damage to my bumper, I noticed a loud rubbing noise and the back tire on the driver side was litterally bent inwards by a few degree's. I looked under the car, and the drum has a arm snapped off a holder. I will try and take a picture, but everyone is telling me it's the lower control arm, and I looked and it kinda does look like it.

My question is, how much will it cost me to repair this at a shop and is it do-able at my own house if I have a set of Snap-On's and also an air compressor.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
First off don't feel bad i just snapped my passenger side mirror off trying to get into my own garage. 2nd it is a do-able do it yourself kinda thing, but if you don't have much experience with it, you may want to contact a shop that can help you out.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should of let them hit you...

them paying>you paying

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a set of aftermarket control arms around 100-200 bucks

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
Me without insurance < Someone hitting me with insurance.

My insurance just ended last month, haven't gotten around to purchasing new insurance. Florida is notorious for making those without insurance lose the case, fault or not :/

Edit: Anyways, yeah I have some knowledge with cars but not with the control arms. Is there someone I could see someone doing it, of someone who has already done this kind of fix that has either photos or at least some information for me? I;'d rather just pay for the parts, instead of paying Parts, Labour and whatever other BS a shop will add on, oh and don't forget Tax -.-

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Driving around without insurance = youre a douchebag. What if someone had gotten hurt and you had no insurance to cover their medical costs?? No excuse for what you did. Thats why they make public transportation.

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
Ok, thanks for that remark and yes I know, it's bad to drive without insurance. Everyone I know is either a Cop, their dad is a Cop or they are going to become a lawyer. So I get enough of that as it is.

Either way, I would rather like to get advice instead of you telling me stuff I already know. Ok? Thanks.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Obviously you didnt already know it or you would have taken the bus ;)
Dont start flinging s**t at me because you were called out when you were in the wrong. Youre lucky as s**t that you ended up where you are now and didnt get caught.

fvelasco89

5+ Year Member
Im new to this, does anyone know how i can post a question on this site? please help asap

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
Funny, I seriously doubt more than half the users on this site, and half the drivers in this entire world have not gone a week with not driving insurance at one point in their entire lives. So far, I am two weeks without insurance. Most insurance companies will cover you up to a month after your insurance runs out with them, as long as you fill out all the paperwork and pay for the extra month. So yes, I did know and I wasn't stupid enough to drive as so without proper information.

fvelasco89, all you do is post your question in a Forum based on the topic of your question. So if it's a question about engines, post it in the Drivetrain/Engine area. Or if it's a general question, post it in the area for the year/type of your car as I just did.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
have not gone a week with not driving insurance at one point in their entire lives

ive never driven without insurance :what:

i bought a new car, didnt get the insurance switched over, so i hitched a ride with a friend. i knew the day i drove without insurance would be the day i kill a minivan full of people

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
insurance is like taxes,u dont want to pay it but u have to,its just to risky without it. hope your cars a easy fix.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Okay so I did the poll and had to cut it short before it got out of hand. But it was just about 30 had not driven without insurance for a week or more, 15 had. Regardless of how many people do it, I still believe that it is a very immature, stupid thing to do. I think that if you do not have the means to pay for car insurance, you should ride a bike, call a friend, or take the bus.

Regardless of my opinion on the insurance situation, you got lucky as hell. Keep us updated on how fixing your car comes along...

Wthorp

'03 Honda Civic LX
5+ Year Member
Ok,

I can't find my camera and I was told I had to replace the entire rear suspension hub spindle witch sucks. However the spindle's don't have the peice I broke on my car.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hgwn0n.jpg

^ a picture of a spindle I will be getting. However, the circle is what confuses me. That LCA looks nothing like what I have on my car. My lca looks more like it the Front LCA. :/

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how is there a sign behind you while you are at a traffic stop light?

did somebody place it there when you stopped at the light?

weird