Car Audio Wiring Help

Weapon2

Im currently installing a Pioneer Stereo Deck (DEH-3300UB) into my honda civic 93 LX...

The Ground wire (Black) has a "hook" instead, unlike the other wires. The Manual says to attach it to a metal part in the dash with a screw. Well my question is could i just cut this hook off and wire the Black cable to the other Black one coming from the cars wire harness?? I have installed a Stereo before this on my Si but it didnt have a "hook" on the black cable, i just hooked it wit the other black one and it worked fine... What are the risks?

also

I am not hooking an Amplifier to it. Do I still have to unplug Battery??

Thanks for the support..

xWIREMANx

Yes, just hook the black up to ground. No you don't have to disconnect the battery. That is a safety measure so you don't short out any wires during installation. That won't happen if you wire up your harness while it's not connected to the car.

Weapon2

ok thanks but could i cut the hook and just connect black wire to black wire? it works. but could it backfire on me in the future??

xWIREMANx

The hook you are talking about is a ring terminal for if you were making your own ground by screwing to the frame. Just cut it off and connect it as normal.