car-body help...fcukin pissed off to the max :@

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
hi guys...sorry for putting up so many posts. but this time its some serious s**t...

im pissed off to the max and its bugging the fcuk outa me.

Its been 3 weeks since my car has been at the bodyshop getting repaired. and the f***in colour doesnt match.

the deal was to paint the whole car. I've been told that some bodyshops say theyll paint the whole car but they just overspray it and when they clear coat it...it looks like new paint...

heres the flippin problem...I gave skirts to be painted with the car... i think this guy oversprayed the whole car because the lip kit actually looks like some fresh proper paint. the car itself is still a little light...the only thing is the whole car is shiny like its just been re-clear coated.

i dont get it...if i told him to paint the whole car, the full car and skirts and lips should all be the same colour no ?

help please ...its pissing me off cause i love my car but this guy has it for 3 weeks and its a 3 day job and hes tryin to scam...

:@:@:@:@

MattHondaCivic

5+ Year Member
Sometimes even if its all painted at the same time if your skirts are made of different materials it wont match perfectly.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sometimes even if its all painted at the same time if your skirts are made of different materials it wont match perfectly.
yea i was going to say this....

paint doesnt lay the same on all surfaces... if the proper prep wasnt done on the skirts or the lips... it will never look the same. its just the nature of automotive paint.

i blame poor prep and therefore.... a poorly run body shop

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Regardless, you should just be able to go in and say to him "Look, I came in here and asked you to paint everything to match. Im paying you for this job. The lip and sideskirts dont match. Make them."

civic0918

Registered VIP
I agree your paying for it make him fix it or dont pay... If it comes down to it take his ass to court..

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you have any previous dents or scratches? you should be able to find them if he cheated.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, but you can always report to the better business bureau, its free and they will get s**t straightened out.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should match at less close enough because he is a body shop worker. they make things work lol.

unless he painted them at different time different temp. different output.

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
hes a flippin cheapass...regret it now...damn that guy pisses the s**t outa me...

im a patient person, but my car has been sittin in his shop for 3 weeks...my insurance is getting cut , i dont have ride to go anywhere...

im fcukin struggling on busses and this guy cant even match it...

i notices hes trying to be cheap from day one... I`ve seen soo many cars that have matched.

he painted my skirts seperate...and then he put them on the car and had to repaint them cause they were to light...

what he did was paint them when they were off and clear coated it...put them on didnt match...he sanded and re painted... now theyre too coloured...they look fine but the car should be the same colour as that, cause it looks like fresh proper coats of paint

but now my car doesnt look the same as them...that means when he was painting my car, he was EXTREMELY CHEAP ON THE PAINT.and only used little to make it over spray of light coat...and he clear coated the whole car...

damn i hate people like that...

thats the plan gna tell him look and see...hes gna be like i painted it 2 times already man...and really thats his own fault...straight up...

if some resolution happens sure...but then if not im not paying u s**t...im going to a body shop and gettin it done right...

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
I had previous dents and scratches but he fixed them...and what he did was just go over with them with overspray...and clear coated them...sure it looks nice and shiny and s**t

but i flippin paid mad money for the lip kit and i paid him mad money to just paint my whole car JUST SO THE LIP KIT MATCHES...and

ITS STILL NOT FKIN MATCHING !!!!:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

did you have any previous dents or scratches? you should be able to find them if he cheated.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im sorry, Im going to sound like an ass with this post. But as far as you struggling for transportation, thats your own fault really since this is your daily driver. You brought it in and asked for this guy to do all the work.

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
lol..yea i did but he said 4 days and its gone into 3 weeks... first 4 days is my responsibility but the next damn...regret it ..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
True, but you can always report to the better business bureau, its free and they will get s**t straightened out.
Actually bbb doesn't do s**t. People can search the bbb to find out if they want to do business with a particular company... but they don't actually straighten anything out.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea I was pretty sure that BBB didnt really do anything other than take records, but I didnt want to shoot my mouth off since I wasnt sure.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually bbb doesn't do s**t. People can search the bbb to find out if they want to do business with a particular company... but they don't actually straighten anything out.
After i had the tranny done in the tiburon, it had problems 2 months later, the reciept said 3 month full warrenty, but they said theyd charge labor. Called the bbb and the shop re-did my transmission to avoid the bad publicity.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
After i had the tranny done in the tiburon, it had problems 2 months later, the reciept said 3 month full warrenty, but they said theyd charge labor. Called the bbb and the shop re-did my transmission to avoid the bad publicity.
Yea.. that's if the business actually cares about what the bbb thinks. I've never had the "i'll call the bbb" threat work for me.

02civiLX21

Nah man the BBB helped me out, I was gettn my old EJ worked on at this shop, we put a good 3 grand into to get it to run, and we kept having problems and bringing it back to the shop and the guy was trying to charge us more, so we called the BBB they got in contact with the shop and it scared the s**t outta the Owner that they did the rest of the work for free.. and they did a pretty damn good job to. So i think it would be good if u decide to go to the BBB dude just to scare them a bit