Car Bogging When Filled Up With Gas

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So when I fill up my car with gas, it idles at like 50-100 RPMs and runs really rough and if I don't step on the gas it'll die. I don't fill it up over than when its full, and it even does this when I just put like five bucks worth of gas in it. So I feel like a little ricer revving it up in the gas station to get it out of its system, and once I do that it's fine. What would be the cause of that? I've tried researching but there's nothing having to do with bogging when you fill up. Any help is appreciated.

RonJ

Banned
There's a prefilter attached to the fuel pump. You may want to check it.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Weird. Mine did that too when I run N/A mode. But when I have my power fc (turbo mode) it's fine. Maybe it's the ecu?? Something needs resoldering or is burnt. Try changing ecu's with a known good one

ekhatchback

This happen to me with my 02 civic it was the tdc sensor..

92sedancivic

HONDA
had same problem but could be different things i replaced my fuel pump and filter seemed to work but i went the extra step and got a p06 ecu chipped and its runnin like a champ now just throwin that out there check your ecu see if its bubbled any or smells burnt

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might have to check my ECU... I'm running a chipped P28 and it runs great other than that bogging problem and funky idle... but I think that may be because my thermostat is stuck open. I don't know. Haha

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it stopped when I changed my thermostat. And changed the idle except when the car is warming up, when the car is warmed up, it idles fine. Now the low low LOW idle then dying if I don't give it gas is when it's hot out and I've been driving for a while. And sometimes I fill up prior and sometimes I don't. The car seriously sounds like it's cammed, so it's kinda cool? =)