Car broken into last night

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
Yep. Buncha damned savages in this town.

The took both headunits (i had taken out the one in my 240sx last night because i sold it) my tools (used to take said unit out of 240sx) and some other misc things.

Any tips on securing the headunit next time? Any idea how to keep this from happening?

The car was parked in my apartments well lit parking lot, right between two other tenets cars. Mine was the only one broken into.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**king thieves...

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put razor blades on the sides of the headunit so they slice their hands open when the pull it out. damn thieves...

edit: nvm, i wouldn't want aids and blood all in the car.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get the OEM radio, nobody wants those

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn thieves, this seems to be happening a lot more lately

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get an alarm, hide valuables, install kill switch asap... if these thieves feel like coming back for the whole thing they'll atleast have something to stop them, but at the end of the day most of the time thieves get what they want no matter what you do..:(

Ninjeff

5+ Year Member
LOL. Yea, thanks guys. Its partly my fault because i left half that stuff in the car last night after working on the 240 till late (she ran on year and a half old gas!!)
I was tired and just figured the lot was well lit and it sits between two much nicer cars so i didnt worry. Go figure.

I'm starting to suspect it was a neighbor in the apartment complex.

I have keyless entry, but no alarm. Looking at getting one though.

Do you guys think tint would help?

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tint might help but idno. i live in rantoul over by champaign and my car has been broken into twice this year. its getting out of control. one time someone smashed out the window in my car and all he took was a carton of cigarettes... did my buddy come check out your 240?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Tint only helps if you leave s**t in the car, even then, not really..

Ninjeff

5+ Year Member
tint might help but idno. i live in rantoul over by champaign and my car has been broken into twice this year. its getting out of control. one time someone smashed out the window in my car and all he took was a carton of cigarettes... did my buddy come check out your 240?
Hey he sure did man! And he bought it! Cool dude.

Thanks for the tip!

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My car got broken into and I parked directly under a light pole on a main street. Nobody is up at 3 in the morning to even notice. Thieves are like lions, they like to pick the easy target (an older car/without an alarm). Older civics are very easy targets and also very common. Its sucks but some civic owner is probably getting his car broken into right now. All to common IMO.