car drives, sounds and feels like Crap

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
my car has randomly decided to give up on me, it feels like its very sick, the title says it all.

i dont know whats wrong.....i changed the oil and spark plugs like a month ago.

the car feels slow, cant feel the vtec much and it sounds like its gonna fall appart when i acclerate.

please help me out with some info on this guys.

thanks.

BTW my car is a 1999 honda civic si with 49k on the clock.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean out the whole intake system, throttle body, IACV, fast idle thermo valve if you have one, etc. that will help things. make sure the plugs are gapped right, try some lubecontrol.com in the oil and gas, it does actually work. air filter is clean? is the clutch okay?

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
the airfilter and cluctch are good

the cel is not on and there is the correct amount of oil in there.......im worried that if i dont do something about this problem, the cel is going to appear.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
airfilter, seafoam, oilchange, spark plug wires, spark plugs gapped correctly? clean out the fuel system with a cleaner etc.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u running at normal temp? if your vtec ait kickin in maybe some temp sensor or radiator problem? oil filter's alright i take it if you say your oil's okay. get some injector cleaner in there, redex or somethin. check head gasket's, no mayonnaise gunk oozing out is there? u could only be runnin on 3 cylinders, would explain lack of power.

AtkinsApproved

5+ Year Member
A focus came into our shop a couple months ago... it wouldnt accelerate and it sounded like crap, the timing belt was out 3 teeth. Maybe check if your timing belt has skipped a tooth.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You are running 93 all the time right? When did the symptoms star? Was it after you did something to the car?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fuel pump or fuel filter?

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am surprised the cel didn't come on, that would have helped you pinpoint the problem because you could have just checked why the light came on on the computer.

i would do what everyone else is telling you to do and change the cap and rotor. when did it start to do this?

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the replies guys....im on school holiday nw so ill take my car and all ur advice to my buddy whos a mechanic.

thank u so much guys!