car idle drops very low as if its going to stall

vtac_ej6

hey guys i have a 98 lx civic sedan. 174k miles d16y7 with vtec y8 headswap. have manual y8 ecu, y8 injectors fuel rail, mani tb etc. headers back greddy exhaust and aem intake.

my issue is when i come to a stop my car will idle ok then every so often the rpms will drop down to the very bottom of my tach and then after a second it will surge back to about 1k rpms and idle normal till it drops again. there is no bouncing idle or any other issues i can think of. there arent any abnormal cels or anything. i have cleaned the iacv and tb and also found and fixed a vacuum line

any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Hmmm i had that problem with mine like when i came to a stop. Of course i probably have different setup than you. However, i have hondata and ended up having to get into hondata a raise iac.

vtac_ej6

well is that the case wheb the car is juat sittig therw idlig without the brakes emgaged?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your cam timing. How does it run? Does it feel like it lacks power? Other than being a slow D16...lol. Also, check for vacuum leaks.

vtac_ej6

Check your cam timing. How does it run? Does it feel like it lacks power? Other than being a slow D16...lol. Also, check for vacuum leaks.
idk seems like 120hp to me lol. idk its my first sohc. but it seems like it pulls hard to me for what it is.
i already fixed 2 vaccum leaks. doesn't seem to be anymore

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does it happen when your on the brake?

vtac_ej6

Does it happen when your on the brake?
umm i guess. i mean if the car is just sitting there with the ebrake on it does it. so shoild i start it and block it so it doesnt roll and see if it still does it with out any brakes applied

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you check your brake booster vacuum line? I know sometimes if removed enough they become lose and easy to take off. Could be causing a leak without you knowing it.

vtac_ej6

well today i let it run without applying the brakes or ebrake engaged and it stil did it

here is a video i recored today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqne41eHz6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you found any vacuum leaks? Double check your cam timing, as well as your ignition timing.

vtac_ej6

Have you found any vacuum leaks? Double check your cam timing, as well as your ignition timing.

i have checked for vacuum leaks and found and fixed 2. i was not able to find any others

IAC as i stated before its the same problem i had.
i did clean it as well as tb still have the issue. i might just bite the bullet and buy the iacv and hope it fixes my issue. i just hate to spend 200 bucks and find i dont need it

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FInd a used IACV...