Car is tuned (almost)

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sure some of you remember my issues with getting the car tuned. I finally decided i'd just make the drive up to LA to get it done. Beats dealing with the tuners breaking s**t or trying to rip me off around here. I've got a few small issues to work out still, but the car seems to be running great now.

Made 559rwhp on 91 at 13.5lbs of boost and made 645 on 109 at 16.5lbs of boost through the automatic. We're having problems with the boost controller giving us anything over 17lbs of boost, so it's back to the local shop to get the boost controller issue resolved and crank up the boost and make sure the tune is still good for 700+rwhp at ~20-22psi.

Quick youtube vid of the race gas tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHNnWVXgrU

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No s**t!!!!!!!!!

Welcome the f**k back man. I was wondering where you went. So its been probably a little over a year? s**t. What the hell happened in all that time?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No s**t!!!!!!!!!

Welcome the f**k back man. I was wondering where you went. So its been probably a little over a year? s**t. What the hell happened in all that time?
haha. Ya, been about a year now. Been to two different tuners on multiple occasions. First tuner lied to me and wouldn't give me any info on the tune. I couldn't get a dyno graph with a/f on it and i didn't trust them, so i went to a different tuner. The second tuner couldn't tune the car and ended up blowing up the transmission. Replaced the transmission and talked to the turbo builder who sent me back to the first tuner. They lied again, had the car for a month and didn't touch it. Turbo builder showed up at the tuner one day to find out what was going on with the car and found nothing done, so he took it back. The car sat for a few more months while i figured out where i wanted to take it. Finally decided on this shop in LA and found some time i could take off work.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn thats a fast pony

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It has been quite some time, glad to see you're getting it done! Numbers are definitely impressive thus far, keep it up man! :thumbs up

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha. Ya, been about a year now. Been to two different tuners on multiple occasions. First tuner lied to me and wouldn't give me any info on the tune. I couldn't get a dyno graph with a/f on it and i didn't trust them, so i went to a different tuner. The second tuner couldn't tune the car and ended up blowing up the transmission. Replaced the transmission and talked to the turbo builder who sent me back to the first tuner. They lied again, had the car for a month and didn't touch it. Turbo builder showed up at the tuner one day to find out what was going on with the car and found nothing done, so he took it back. The car sat for a few more months while i figured out where i wanted to take it. Finally decided on this shop in LA and found some time i could take off work.
wow thats a f**ked up story. good to see its working out for you.

ps im in phoenix too, mesa actually but we should get a beer sometime.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back man. Sucks about people tossing you around but glad you are getting it all worked out. Post the graphs and vids when its all done.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back with the update Zinc; for a second there I thought you forgot about all of us Civic guys ;)

You should've looked your way through Texas for tunes; we have some pretty reputable shops out here that deals with Mustangs only and would've gotten you taken care of with the quicknesss! (Plus we have 93oct out here, if it's available in your area as well). Pretty damn impressive numbers none the less!

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats awesome! its good to see it running even with all the problems you've been having!

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow thats a f**ked up story. good to see its working out for you.

ps im in phoenix too, mesa actually but we should get a beer sometime.
I'm in Goodyear, but definitely.

Welcome back with the update Zinc; for a second there I thought you forgot about all of us Civic guys ;)

You should've looked your way through Texas for tunes; we have some pretty reputable shops out here that deals with Mustangs only and would've gotten you taken care of with the quicknesss! (Plus we have 93oct out here, if it's available in your area as well). Pretty damn impressive numbers none the less!
I was considering going to Texas, but it is quite a bit farther for me than going to LA. It's only about a 5-6 hour drive to get back to the tuner if needed, and i make trips to california much more often. The shops in LA are top notch too. They build some amazing cars.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So..........you are from Arizona.........I dont think we can let you back onto the site anymore. Im sorry it had to end like this. But we dont like people who dont want illegals raping and murdering their people....we are boycotting you from the site.