car over heating

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
basically my car over heated lol, usually what i would do is turn on the heater to cool it down, so i turned on the heater, but no air was coming out and the car was getting hotter, in fact the only air that was coming out was cold, like super cold i never felt the air get this cold during the day, keeping in mind that my ac unit doesnt work and is disconnected, what can cause this? lol

SuperDanny

check your coolant, you have no water in the heater core if its blowing cold on hot setting, check at the radiator not the resivour tank

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
i know this is weird but now after i filled up the radiator theres water coming out of the exhaust

SuperDanny

lol ok so you said after you put coolant in your radiator you said water is coming out of your exhaust, how bad is the water coming out, is it like the condensation coming out? is your car running like s**t?, you said it was over heating, usually if its over heating and you have water coming out of the exhaust (usually white colored vapor) its a head gasket, either that or check your heater core and see if its leaking, if your carpet and/or padding is wet then you have a bad heater core which would explain low coolant and over heating and cold air coming out of the vents

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
its like a bunch of water, along with white water vapor, but its coming out in like puddles, so what do i do

SuperDanny

is your coolant level still getting low? check your spark plugs too, if they have water on them then its def a head gasket

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, water pouring out of exhuast? first time i hear of such thing.

bump good luck.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is your coolant level still getting low? check your spark plugs too, if they have water on them then its def a head gasket
Yeah Danny's right, same thing happened to me a while back. If you got water or coolant on the plugs when you pull em then its def your head gasket, gonna be a long weekend of pulling the head off scraping it down, make sure you didn't warp it and get a head gasket kit from kragen or something. Until then if you definitely need to drive it for the rest of the week just keep a jug of water/coolant in your car till the weekend and be prepared to sit in parking lots whenever it starts getting too hot. You might also want to check your spark plug wires cuz when my head gasket blew I the middle two were wet so they f**ked up my wires too

SuperDanny

yeah water coming out of your exhaust isnt really a good thing unless it runs on hydrogen, im not a golfer but i dont think your car runs on hydrogen =)

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that means there is a serious leak somewhere along the veins of your car. usually related to some kind of crack. maybe its your head gasket. if you drive your car you could warp your head, it needs to be gridned and straightened out. if it is ur hg then make sure its OEM . my advise is dont drive that bad boy till its fix, or else there will be more damage and will cost you more in the long run.

SuperDanny

as bad as the leak sounds i would think its misfiring like like a drunk hillbilly on christmas eve... is it running like s**t???