Car overheating.

treysawyers

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 weeks ago i was driving home from work with my ac on full blast and once i got hoem i noticed the temperature was touching the H. i found that weird cause that never happend b4. then yesterday and today the same thing happend. this time i popped the hood and noticed my ac fan was running but not my radiator fan. so i got a new thermostat changed it and let the car run for like 40 minutes. No fan. so then i went to the dealer thinking it was my cooling fan relay. i changed that and let it run for another 30 minutes and still no fan. so i went back to the dealer and told them that the fan still wasnt coming on, and i noticed that the bottom radiator hose was still cold while the top hose was really hot. HE sold me a thermostat switch. According to him, that was supposed to tell the fan when to come on. My fan still doesnt come on. I ran wires to the battery to see if the fan was workign at all and they worked. Ive run out of ideas at what could be wrong. could someone please give me some advice?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahahahahhahahahahahhaha....i'm doing the same thing right now...
except i dont have ac and it all has nothing to do with ac...
i ran a direct line to the battery to turn my fan on..so basically i turn it on before i drive turn it off after im done driving..
ghetto...:lol:
anyways the problem i think lies in ur heater sensor..or heat sensor..when ur engine gets hot its supposed to turn the fan on...
as for ur cooling fan relay u shoulda checked it before replacing it..:P
let me know what u find out...but im pretty sure its the heater sensor..

treysawyers

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea the Fan/ thermo switch fixed it. i let the car run for almost an hr this time and the lower hose still was cold so i hopped in the car and drove out to long island and back to queens and when i got home i popped the hood and both hoses were hot then the fan came on. So i was like wait a minute i wasted 35 bucks on the relay. so i took the new one out and put the old one back in and the fan still came on. so now i have a spare fan relay. anyway good look with you problem. hope everything works out ok

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol how much for the fan/thermo switch?

in ur first post u had said u changed the switch but it still didn't come on???
guess it wasn't hot then?