car speakers

RafaelM

ok the things is this:

i have a 2006 Honda civic EX and i wanted to improve the audio performance, but when i went to a car electronics seller they told me that i had to change the speakers because they were not powrfull enough, so i want to know what is your recomendation. Note: im new in the forum and also this is my first car.

they told me to change all the speakers for new ones (200 watts) and i needed a second opinion:

-do you think this one´s are good enpugh?

-does this damages my head unit,/battery/car computer at all?

-is there any other better option?

thanks in advance! =)

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nah you don't really have to but adding a after market head unit to stock speakers kind of defeats the purpose . i personally would upgrade the speakers and ad a amplifier.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
its not to hard to replace the speakers. just do it, but make sure all your components match and what not, there are a lot of people on here that love sound tec and should be able to help you get the right set up without spending a fortune.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I couldn't be happier with my Boston Acoustics speakers I just installed on my rear deck and front doors

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check out woofersetc.com for good prices on speakers and amps.

speedjunkie_g35

If your looking to upgrade your sound. Start in this order...

1)You will improve the sound quality by upgrading your headunit to a quality head unit and I am not talking about sony, jvc, dual, or pioneer. I am talking about Alpine, Kenwood, Kenwood Excelon, Eclipse. I have excelon in all my cars and love it! A stock headunit is no more than 25 watts per channel. By upgrading your headunit you are providing your speakers with a higher quality sound allowing the additional power a aftermarket headunit provides to power your stock speakers safely.

2)You will improve the sound even more buy upgrading your speakers. I wouldn't use speakers that are more than 100W RMS. This wont be as noticable because of the additional power aftermarket speakers can handle

3) Add a amp to the headunit and speakers. An amp will allow more tuning to dial you sound in to where it should be
. An amp will also provide better quality sound and power that aftermarket speakers tend to need than what just a headunit provides

If you want the best you can get sound quality wise. Get a headunit of quality, some speakers, and a four channel amp to power your speakers. You will be good to go.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pioneer isn't quality?

i mean...the best SQ deck on the market right now is the pioneer p99.

speedjunkie_g35

I would def consider pioneer garbage. There sound clarity if far below par of other headunit. Pioneer has always been more about flash rather than function. The preamp outputs are usually no more than 3v. I would put a ten year old Kenwood up against this years pioneer with confidence. The only good thing pioneer has done recently was the way they setup there iPod interface. The excelon dnx 8120 DVD double din came out in 08 and there isn't a tv that can beat it on today's market. That's why I have three of them.