Car stalled while driving, won't start. Weird noise VIDEO

Dazment

Just a day after finally getting my tires changed after they got slashed, I was pulling into a local McDonald's when my car suddenly died. When I tried to start it nothing would happen, got it towed home, changed the battery with a new one, then when I tried to start it it started making this really weird noise. I'm just hoping it's not a broken timing belt, getting the car shown today but just wanted to get your guy's opinion on it, here is a link to the video where you can hear it clearly. Thank you.

I was teaching my friend how to drive stick like an hour before, stalled like 4 times if that did anything. Thanks.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That doesnt sound good at all. My guess is the starter because it doesnt sound like it should at crank. Im not really sure though. If the Check-Engine light is on in position 2 of the ignition then you need to read that code. If you cant get a code scanner, use the paperclip method after reading up on it online and understanding how to read the blinks.

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That doesnt sound good at all. My guess is the starter because it doesnt sound like it should at crank. Im not really sure though. If the Check-Engine light on in position 2 of the ignition then you need to read that code. If you cant get a code scanner, use the paperclip method after reading up on it online and understanding how to read the blinks.
x2, my thoughts are with the starter as well.