Car starts...and then turns itself off...

JohnnyWas

Not Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just had a new block swapped into my LX (d16y7 auto.) Everything else is the same (heads, cranks, etc.) it's just a new block.

When we start it up, the car runs perfect for about 10min, and then out of nowhere, it turns itself off and won't start for another 10. It's perfect compression when it runs, and it runs smooth. But then out of the blue, it's as if someone just turned the key.

HELP! I need to know very soon what this may be...

civic!

my daughter is the s**t.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
probably forgot to hook something up. do you get a check engine light? try jumping the service jumperto check for codes. some codes can pop up but might not be enough to set the light off.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JohnnyWas said:
I just had a new block swapped into my LX (d16y7 auto.) Everything else is the same (heads, cranks, etc.) it's just a new block.

When we start it up, the car runs perfect for about 10min, and then out of nowhere, it turns itself off and won't start for another 10. It's perfect compression when it runs, and it runs smooth. But then out of the blue, it's as if someone just turned the key.

HELP! I need to know very soon what this may be...
if you keep it throttled like 3-4k rpm will it die sooner? if so, fuel problem.

JohnnyWas

Not Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatch said:
if you keep it throttled like 3-4k rpm will it die sooner? if so, fuel problem.
well actually, if i keep it up, it doesn't die. see, it's idling at 500-1k rpms, which is bad. that's when it stalls. what is it?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not getting ENOUGH fuel? something shorting?