Car vibrates normal?

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
I have like 138 miles on my civic LX 06 and today when I started up my car I noticed that it vibrates, as much as you can actually feel it on the seats. It vibrates for quite a while and then it slowly gets better. Is this a problem? I heard people say let your car warm up for 5 minutes before you drive does it actually work?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've never experienced that. . . but it is good to let your car warm up

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Yeah I always let my car warm up.... but should I go get my car checked up on the vibrations?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Yeah I always let my car warm up.... but should I go get my car checked up on the vibrations?
being that new, I would.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
Mine does that too. A lot when i'm sitting idle at a stop light even. The RPM's drop way low and it vibrates. I usually just give it a little gas while its in neutral and it stops.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Hmm wow guess im not the only one? I still don't think this is really normal maybe we should go check on it.

smigs

5+ Year Member
I've had that happen once or twice since in the two weeks I've had my car. Usually when it is cold.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
Last thursday on start up, my car starting shaking a little while idling and then stalled twice. I was just sitting in my drive way, then it did it again on my way home from school sitting in a parking spot. Gets me a little worried, I'm gonna be pissed if it happens while I'm sitting at a stop light because the car won't let you start it up again right away.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EXTrevski said:
Last thursday on start up, my car starting shaking a little while idling and then stalled twice. I was just sitting in my drive way, then it did it again on my way home from school sitting in a parking spot. Gets me a little worried, I'm gonna be pissed if it happens while I'm sitting at a stop light because the car won't let you start it up again right away.
Yeah. I would be taking that back to the dealer.

4 cylinders typically have a bit more primary imbalance than their 6, 8, 10, and 12 cylinder counterparts and feel a bit more rough. (I keep telling my wife that about our PT GT...she wants the damn thing to idle like our old 6G72 Eclipse. :roll: ) But what you are describing is not right. I would definitely be down at Honda with that and on the phone with American Honda if their Service Writer is a douche and doesn't get it fixed.