Car will not start! Just turns but no starting!

4doorSpoon

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its really weird because sometimes it will just turn on fine. I replaced the battery recently thinking that was the problem. But today when I went to leave from work it would'nt start. I turn the key and it just turns turns but will not start.

What could it be?

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coil or ignition control module

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ignition rotor not getting enough spark. ???????

4doorSpoon

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump. I figured out a few things.

Car started up fine this morning and when I went to lunch at 1130am.

When I got off at 430pm when the heat was 98degrees it would'nt start. I noticed that if I tapped the gas at the turn of the key that it helped kick on. After a few times of doing that it started up.

Could this be a bad fuel pump?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Coil or ignition control module
I was going to say that same thing!

Has the car been in the sun for a long time? If so, open the windows and let it cool for about 10minutes, then it should turn over. Mine did the same thing after sitting at the airport for 7days in 90+ heat and no shade. It hasn't done it again since!

I did the same thing to get mine started (pumping the gas) but I am telling you, it is definitely the control module!

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump for this thread, my car is doing pretty much this same thing right now, takes me like 4 times to crank it over in the morning and then sometimes when im down shifting the car will just turn off on its own? could that be an ignition problem or a fuel pump problem? what is a main relay anyway?

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
main relay x3 from me - I swapped and my car wouldnt start originally and it was the main relay - I hate that thing lol