Car Wont Start, Please Help!

happysack

5+ Year Member
Hey there, and hi to forum as i am new here.
Have a problem with my car 1995 honda civic marlin, thats 3 door hatchback 1.3 16v carb'd engine.

I have had no problems with the car at all and was even driving it earlier today, though i just went outside to start my car and it wouldnt start. The battery is not flat all light come on dash on the turn and also have tried jumpstarting it of my Boyfriends car and still nothing. the only things i notice is that the alarm LED to the right of my steering wheel keeps blinking and when i turn the key to start i get no noise expect for a clicky noise, just the one click when you turn it to the last turn on the key ignition barrel. Have also check the fuse that label 'Starter wiring' or something or other under the steering wheel/footwell. Please people help me and shed some light , what more tests can i do and please be discriptive as i am not mechanic. Any common problems this could be?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Kind Regards=)

FerioSquad53

5+ Year Member
doesnt click? clicking noise? starter maybe bad, i know your tried jump starting but could be a issue? Or your main relay by your fuses could be shot? ummm? fuses? in the car and under the hood? Try that maybe? hope you figure it out!

happysack

5+ Year Member
Yes it has petrol, i have tried jump starting yet no luck, though i could gear the engine trying to turn over but failing. though i did have luck bump starting the car she fired up then, does this narrow down to what the problem is?
thanks again in advance.

Cr8zyDrifter

5+ Year Member
Mine was the clutch interlock switch.

things I checked were:

Starter
Relays underhood fuse box
clutch interlock switch (assuming it is 5speed manual) Autos have a neutral safety switch
starter cut relay

nothing would happen when i turned the key, just a "clicky" noise

RonJ

Banned
I'm not sure how your alarm is wired into the system, but I presume this could be the problem.

Otherwise, check the starter wires:

There are two wires attached to the starter, a large Blk wire for the starter motor and a smaller Blk/Wht wire for the starter solenoid. The Blk wire should read battery voltage under all conditions. The Blk/Wht wire should read battery voltage when the clutch pedal is depressed and the key is turned to ON(III). Post the results of these two voltage measurements.

liam.wilson

Hi i have a Civic VTi s 1.8 1998 and im having the same problem. Drove it down the road turned it off . after trying to turn it back on again i have had no luck, no clicking nothing. Tried rollstarting it down a hill with no luck, i too have the blinking light. any other ideas?

TMALONE465

I have a 1996 Honda Civic, It wouldn't stay on. It was making clicking noise from the glove box. After spending serval hundred dollars, the mechanic still couldn't figure it out. They were thinking maybe something in the motor, maybe the timing chain. I searched the web for some anwsers when i came upon this website, someone with the same problem, It turned out to be the ground wire to the thermostate, My thermostate had been replaced but they didn't put the washer back so that it wasn't getting a good ground.
I really don't understand how or why this would cause the clicking in the glove compartment but it did,
After putting a washer on the ground wire, this solved the problem. My car was out for 2 weeks, it was driving me crazy. Thank God for this website or I was looking at accouple of thousand dollars. All for a missing washer that went to the ground wire of the thermostate.

Jguti23

9th wonder
disable your alarm system It wasnt on a civic but my dads truck would not start and i disconnected his alarm and the car turn right on im not saying to yank it just disable and put back in it. it restarts it or something