CAR WON'T START!! plz help.

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did do a search on this already. i turn the key, and the car start making the usual starting noises, with the exception of not starting. and the fuking tow company said it'll cost me 200 bucks to tow it since it's lowered!!! goddamn!!! any ideas what the hell is wrong????

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of noises do you mean by "unusual"?

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nono, like, i'll turn the key, and it'll sound like it's starting, except that it won't start. like, it tries to start, but it won't.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AGStylez said:
i did do a search on this already. i turn the key, and the car start making the usual starting noises, with the exception of not starting. and the fuking tow company said it'll cost me 200 bucks to tow it since it's lowered!!! goddamn!!! any ideas what the hell is wrong????

well my 1st answer would be put some gas in your car. since it probly hasnt been started it might show you have more then enuff but that dosent always mean you do.. as for the towing its for insurance purposes.. see they tryed doing it to me but i had Triple A and all they made me do was sign a release froum stating that if anything happens to my car when they put it up on the flat bed i cant do anything to them..

LoKee05

L0-K33*Creat10n5
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That could be anything bro. Always check for fuel and spark first to get an idea of where to start. Check your main relay, Ive been through like 3 of them. Make sure your fuel pump is making noise.umm thats a start I guess.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check to see if you have fuel......

Gosh.. im being an ass. Final's are getting the best of me. :(

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AGStylez said:
get some gas.... believe me it works.. what do you think its there for?? i told you once already but im guessing you didnt try, you should really hurry to a gas station with a gas container put like 2-3 bucks in go fill your car and then start it, drive it back to the gas station and fill it up.. then next time make sure you dont run past E

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i know there's at least 1/2 a tank in there, and i can smell gas whenever i try to start the car.
i think it might be flooded at best case.
how would i start the engine if it's flooded???
the fuel pump is working i know that for sure. i got my buddies to jump my battary and it's almost on the verge of starting but it just won't.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, seriously.....(Im not going to touch on the gas thing) are you getting spark?

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AGStylez said:
well, i know there's at least 1/2 a tank in there, and i can smell gas whenever i try to start the car.
i think it might be flooded at best case.
how would i start the engine if it's flooded???
the fuel pump is working i know that for sure. i got my buddies to jump my battary and it's almost on the verge of starting but it just won't.
hmm easyest way push start the car.. works for me when i get my car flooded.. people also say you can take out the spark plug n try starting it then put them back in.. i never tryed it be4 i dunna if it works but push start it.. if going forward 2nd gear would be best. if pushing in rev then rev is the best to be on :lol: just make sure the key is all the way on

Viperlude69

Jdm Powered
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car does the same thing sometimes but i just let it sit for a few mins and it starts right up!

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok this just happened to me a few weeks ago. the car keeps crankin but won't turn over. so, I changed to fuel filter and it started right up, but died again 15min later. someone told me to check the spark from the ignition coil, but there was good spark. I decided to go ahead and change the Fuel Pump and the Main Relay, the car started right up and hasn't died since.

As far as the towing...they just wanna charge you f**kin commercial fee so they make their own money. I've gotten my car towed twice and haven't been charged for towing. this is through AAA. my car is lowered 2.5". request for a bed.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jokenfu21 said:
Ok this just happened to me a few weeks ago. the car keeps crankin but won't turn over. so, I changed to fuel filter and it started right up, but died again 15min later. someone told me to check the spark from the ignition coil, but there was good spark. I decided to go ahead and change the Fuel Pump and the Main Relay, the car started right up and hasn't died since.

As far as the towing...they just wanna charge you f**kin commercial fee so they make their own money. I've gotten my car towed twice and haven't been charged for towing. this is through AAA. my car is lowered 2.5". request for a bed.
yeah but with the towing they just really wanna make sure they have atleast some kinda money to fall back on if something happens to your car.. the guy the happen to come and pick my car up was a friend of mine and explained why they have to do it.. but triple A has been getting a little lazy i waited like 5 hours that day. i asked for a flat bed and they sent one of them other trucks. my car almost got on but the 4-1 headers where to low to the ground and started to hit the Cross thingy they have...

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
yeah but with the towing they just really wanna make sure they have atleast some kinda money to fall back on if something happens to your car.. the guy the happen to come and pick my car up was a friend of mine and explained why they have to do it.. but triple A has been getting a little lazy i waited like 5 hours that day. i asked for a flat bed and they sent one of them other trucks. my car almost got on but the 4-1 headers where to low to the ground and started to hit the Cross thingy they have...
Triple A will always send you a regular truck to begin with because some people ask for flatbeds for no reason at all. so when the truck gets there you need to tell him you need a flat bed and that it's been done before. triple A covered you before. they don't try to call Triple A. they will call a flat bed to get you up there. trust me dude i've done it twice and my brother has done it one too many times. let them know it's been covered before and they will cover it. mine won't actually go up there what they did is used a 2x4 wood to get the car up there.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jokenfu21 said:
Triple A will always send you a regular truck to begin with because some people ask for flatbeds for no reason at all. so when the truck gets there you need to tell him you need a flat bed and that it's been done before. triple A covered you before. they don't try to call Triple A. they will call a flat bed to get you up there. trust me dude i've done it twice and my brother has done it one too many times. let them know it's been covered before and they will cover it. mine won't actually go up there what they did is used a 2x4 wood to get the car up there.
my car only gets up with hard work.. but what i meant was i asked for a flatbed the sent a reguler truck and when they tow guy called his boss they only had 3 flatbed and they were all in use.. so i ended up waitin 5 or more hours.. then i said f**k it and drove the car home...

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check to see if the alternator is working properly other than u need too do a full shake down of the car, undercar, engine components and so on. fuel, spark, injectors whatever could make the engine not start. witch could be anything. think of the main things your car needs to run, air and fuel correct? think of things that could possibly stop the intake stroke from getting the air it needs, or the combustion from happening on when the piston is between TDC and BDC, when both valves are open momentarly. all this could be a factor. needle in the hay stack, good luck.

LoKee05

L0-K33*Creat10n5
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont get alarmed its probly not anything major. cuz it was just running so its probly somthingf simple, But finding the problem might not be that easy.

Badboyzkustumz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could possibly be the starter...mine just went. was at a gas station when it happened. my friend whos a mechanic told me that if ya tap the starter with something (hammer) that it would knock into place long enought to start it to get home. if you can put it into second and pop the clutch (bypass the starter) while your rolling and it should start. there are many ways to get a manual car going...if you know how.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
best way to get one going is to buy a new starter, just what i did yesterday, lol.

tanked 4 door

i have LS-V-tech 89 4dr
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try the alternator

ya try the alternator because you are taking alot of power to all you stuff and they can go bad real fast