Car wont start

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car wont start (Video)

Well i went out yesterday and started my car to warm it up, it started just fine walk out 30 feet away and it just shut off.It still cranks over can hear the fuel pump start, battery has a fine charge just wont start anyone ever had this problem before that could give me a few pointers imma go take a video and put it on youtube in a few mins so people can hear
Video Added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzKH4rrBgmY

Last edited:

Blo21

5+ Year Member
Do you have a kill switch? iam at school so i cant really see the video

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could be your distributor starting to go. i had the same issue a few years back my car would keep stalling and i would have a tough time getting it to start.

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could be your distributor starting to go. i had the same issue a few years back my car would keep stalling and i would have a tough time getting it to start.
Hope not i just replaced it about 8 months ago but good possiblity.

guachi

5+ Year Member
A car needs 3 things: air, fuel, spark, you checked your sparking mechanism then try to check for the fuel pump and fuel pump relay under the drivers steering wheel, that could be causing it not to start...

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A car needs 3 things: air, fuel, spark, you checked your sparking mechanism then try to check for the fuel pump and fuel pump relay under the drivers steering wheel, that could be causing it not to start...
I can hear the fuel pump come on when i go to start it as for spark it trys to crank over and batterys charged i havent checked the plugs yet.

Could timing cause this issue?

guachi

5+ Year Member
I can hear the fuel pump come on when i go to start it as for spark it trys to crank over and batterys charged i havent checked the plugs yet.

Could timing cause this issue?
Bro, my best friends car sounded just like yours... i watched your youtube video and heard the engine... we as well could hear the fuel pump and we applied voltage to it and worked so we had to check the wiring coming from the pump until we found a relay below the steering wheel that was causing the problem, unfortunately i dont have any pictures of what it looks like to show you but you can check the honda userguide for referrence.

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bro, my best friends car sounded just like yours... i watched your youtube video and heard the engine... we as well could hear the fuel pump and we applied voltage to it and worked so we had to check the wiring coming from the pump until we found a relay below the steering wheel that was causing the problem, unfortunately i dont have any pictures of what it looks like to show you but you can check the honda userguide for referrence.
Did his just shut off like mine did?

guachi

5+ Year Member
yes dude, his car would shut off even if you were riding on the highway...

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you figured it out yet dude? I'm having the same type of problem and have checked all the same things you've checked.

Peace and Llove
Eric

obrien

5+ Year Member
check your grounds...m bro had ej6 and he used the wrong bolt in gearbox grounding and car kept shutting off. he changed the bolt and problem solved..just a theory. (another long shot could be coil pack or injectors..big long shot.)

thermalstorm

5+ Year Member
Replace the main relay located to the right inside your glove compartment, they are quite exspensive so just go to a junkyard or find a junked out civic and grab it, they begin to go when it is hot outside, and the symptoms are basicly your car shutting off randomly.