Car won't start.

Igelement

Hello all,

I'm no mechanic but here's my problem. I was adding power door locks to my em2 manual and everything worked fine but I tried to start the car the next day but now it won't start. I try to turn the key but nothing happens. Could I have in a way ruined my starter? I've been able to crank-start my car so that tells me it's either the battery or the starter. I thought I might've made a short because I have an after-market alarm and I burned a wire from my alarms 12V constant to the key's ignition. I gut that wire to check if that might've been it but it's all good. I also thought it might have been my alarms immobilizer but my alarm is working good. Can the fact that I crank-started my car rule out that I didn't mess up my ignition and it's not the immobilizer? Just wanted to ask you guys before I buy the starter. Oh, and when I try to turn it on I don't here any ticks but the radiator relay in my ignition and my starter ignition in the glove box. I checked them and they all look good. Thanks guys!!!

xRPMx

id say the battery.. all the new stuff you put in does take power out of the battery. try charging the battery if it doesnt start then..buy a new battery or it could be the alternator. if the starter was fine before i dont see why it would be broken now.

RonJ

Banned
Post pictures of the burnt wire you cut.

Also check whether 40A hood fuse 20 is blown.

Igelement

Went through my alarm's diagram last night and saw the immobilizer section and sure enough that was my problem! I tested my starter before by applying a current through it and it was okay. Thanks for the reply though guys!