NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Help us out here...

I turn the car to the on position, the fuel pump will prime. I try to turn the key and start it, nothing happens. The car will not even crank at all. It's like I lost all power. The starter doesn't even click. If I push start the car it will run fine. Now I have tried my buddies Type R starter on the car it and it still won't try to turn over. So I've ruled out the starter being bad. And I know the fuel main relay is good because I tried 2 differnet ones and the fuel pump primes with both. Please someone give me more ideas.

Car is a 1989 crx hf with ls/vtec turbo.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dead battery? mine is going when i turn it on it will hardly start but then it runs fine.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the dizzy?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16A2_CIVIC said:
how about the alternator
i think its the battery.

if you run it for a while then turn it off. then try to restart it does it fire right up or not?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dist is the only thing i know that when ur car dies its dead..it wont make any noise when u try to start it up..nothing...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is for a friend of mine who's currently at work. He put the new starter in, tried to start it, and the fuel pump woudl prime, but that's all. Nothing else from the car. It won't turn over, nothing. Just a few lights on the dash and the pump primes. :???: I'm sorry I can't give you much more information.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a battery die (less than like 11volts) and nothing would happen. the starter wouldn;t even engage. if the distributor wat off wouldn;t it still crank but not fire?

NOFX try using a different battery. just to see if that is the problem. it will be one more thing you know is not the problem if it doesn;t work. check for bad/loose connections.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the main relay, I posted up a how to. I would be willing to bet that is it.

Easy fix. Or you can get a new one from honda for about 60 bucks.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
battery or relay or a bad connection/wire

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i vote battery......which could be due to bad alternator.

try switchin batteries first,,,let us know what happens.

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS!!!!!!! its your coil wire that connects to your starter..its disconnected..mine does it every now and then.. lol

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^ That could also be it.. Good answer CRXBoy.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I say it's probably the Alternator/battery. or maybe the sparks?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It shouldn't be the battery or altinator since it primes (Fuel pump pumping gas in the lines).. and also not the sparks as the starter would click..

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your all wrong a wire burned up in the engine harness because i was making mad jdm powa yo.