Car wreck

Themegajosh09

Ok I think this is the right spot to post this. A guy backed into my car while I was at work, he got me and told me what he done and he would pay cash. So I got his insurance info and name and address. But what happens if he decides not to pay me? Just wonder because I didn't get a police report... And I'm gonna get a carbon fiber hood, new fender and headlight. Anyone know about how much all this oem would be?? I'm thinking 700 is because it has to be painted to match.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
OEM hood, fender, and headlight plus paint is going to be more than $700 easy. Even if you paint it yourself, you're probably looking at more than that. Google each one, you'll find the answers easy.

As for the wreck, if you don't have a police report good luck getting his insurance to claim it. Insurance is in the business of rejecting claims and if there is no proof (report), all the guy has to do is say "wasn't me" and it's over. They'll probably even let him know that too. Could go your way too, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Themegajosh09

Dang in hoping that he is legit about the whole thing. He came and found me to tell me he would pay for it or we could do insurance. I told him cash and he said he would give it to me so I'm hoping he is truthful about it. Other people saw what happend so hopefully that works to lol

Themegajosh09

Got my quote. 1300 or 800 depending on the garage that quotes it. If he don't give me 800 by Friday I'm gonna turn 1300 to his insurence.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should have filed a report. Even though the police weren't called at that time, you should have at least filed when you got home. His insurance won't likely do anything without that report. Your insurance might, but your rates will suffer and you will have to pay your deductible.

Also witnesses don't mean d**k if you didn't get statements and information from them. What good are they to you now?

You shouldn't have just walked away from this like you did. Hopefully it doesn't bite you in the ass.

Themegajosh09

You should have filed a report. Even though the police weren't called at that time, you should have at least filed when you got home. His insurance won't likely do anything without that report. Your insurance might, but your rates will suffer and you will have to pay your deductible.

Also witnesses don't mean d**k if you didn't get statements and information from them. What good are they to you now?

You shouldn't have just walked away from this like you did. Hopefully it doesn't bite you in the ass.
I don't have full coverage so my insurance won't do anything. He told me Friday he would call me. But like I said its on camera from the security cameras at work.

Themegajosh09

An where I work we are all in really good standings with the police so if I have to turn that in I hope it helps lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Problem is that there is a time limit for reports and insurance. Some are 24 hours others are more. You can't just take your time and file when ever you feel like it. Maybe that is why the guy is stalling.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this i hopes it works out good for you and he pays you, but it dosent matter how your standing is with the police or what have you if you have to take it to his isnurance company and they deny it what can they do?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had this same scenario happen to me when I worked for Pier 1 Imports back when I was 17. My f**kin MANAGER backed into my car, put a huge dent in the passenger quarter panel (can't be replaced), and asked if she could just pay for it. "I CAN'T GET ANOTHER ACCIDENT ON MY INSURANCE BLAH BLAH BLAH". She was hot, I was 17 and naive, so I accepted. She never paid, and actually QUIT the job like a week later. Screwed me bad, and I ended up eating the cost of doing a paintless dent repair ($300), and it still looked like s**t.

On the bright side, like 6 months later, she came into my new job (Assistant Manager for a hair care supply store.. shut up, I was like 18), and I got her car info. Reported her driving erratically down a main road, reported seeing open beer bottles in her car, and found out she worked at a salon in which a good friend of mine owned. Got her canned :cool:.

f**k people. You're taking a humongous risk waiting until Friday. I myself, would have filed a police report and done it the insurance way. It's easier for everyone overall.

Themegajosh09

I had this same scenario happen to me when I worked for Pier 1 Imports back when I was 17. My f**kin MANAGER backed into my car, put a huge dent in the passenger quarter panel (can't be replaced), and asked if she could just pay for it. "I CAN'T GET ANOTHER ACCIDENT ON MY INSURANCE BLAH BLAH BLAH". She was hot, I was 17 and naive, so I accepted. She never paid, and actually QUIT the job like a week later. Screwed me bad, and I ended up eating the cost of doing a paintless dent repair ($300), and it still looked like s**t.

On the bright side, like 6 months later, she came into my new job (Assistant Manager for a hair care supply store.. shut up, I was like 18), and I got her car info. Reported her driving erratically down a main road, reported seeing open beer bottles in her car, and found out she worked at a salon in which a good friend of mine owned. Got her canned :cool:.

f**k people. You're taking a humongous risk waiting until Friday. I myself, would have filed a police report and done it the insurance way. It's easier for everyone overall.
It happend 3 days ago should I call his insurgence and tell them or what?

Themegajosh09

The guy that hit me just came by and gave me 800 cash do its all good. Looks like I'll be ordering a new good and fender today

Themegajosh09

Yea I told him sorry it all happend and I thanked him and signed papers saying I got the money so no one can say he didn't give it to me. He really was a prick but he stood up to his word about giving it to me. I was nice to him the whole time about it and tried to work with him about it so guess that helped