Carbon Fiber Hoods??

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just recently bought a seibon carbon fiber hood brand new. when I recieved it, it was package really well and from first glance looked perfect. But further inspection revealed some ashey dime size spots that cover a palm size area on the hood between the clear and carbon. I called the company and they told me no hoods are perfect which I understand but They said every hood will have those spots. So the question is, If anyone with first hand experience is having the same spots?

-Jason

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have a vis cf hood i got last month...and i dont remember seeing anything like that...maybe its just seibon hoods...

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I were you, I'd be complaining. If you spend $500-700 on a name brand, quality hood, you should expect top-notch quality.

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much did you pay? There is different grades of carbon fiber out there

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That was the thing, I trusted seibon and vis which were the two brands that I wanted but ended up with seibon because of availiability. I called Seibon and they just kind of said its nomal to have some flaws and no hoods are perfect. So I Know right now that things are looking kind of gloomy for a resolution. I paid 525 shipped and this suppose to be a brand new hood and not the defected ones

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cf is a waste of money rather spend it on something else. but what ever float your boat.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would complain. since your paying top dollar, you need quality. isnt there supposed to be a qc sticker somehwere on it? are you young? have someone w an authority voice to call them and talk to them about it. i would expect something new to be flawless. if its a b***h scratch then suck it up, if not, raise hell

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just be persistent with your complaints and exaggerate the defect, use the word unacceptable as much as possible and keep asking to talk with a superior.

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here are the picture. this is the best one i have right now, the problem area is right above the window reflection.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah man even in that picture it looks very noticable! I would definately do something about that. I have a VIS hood and it had just one or two blemishes but you would really have to look hard to find them. I would get their web address and send them the pics you have. Good Luck

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea man, that much money for those big flaws. id be trying to get a CF hood outta someones ass if they didnt do anything about this

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going foward these pictures to the seller and see what they will do. keep everyone posted.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
meh...wet sand and clear coat it...call it a day.

Arthas

5+ Year Member
Yea thats too much for a brand name hood.
Ive seen generic CF hoods that had NO defects visible to the human eye.

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
def send em the pics you have. don't accept the lame excuse they gave you that's bs for that money.

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, If I wet sand and reclear and call it a day would be kind of pointless because I just spent money for supposely a good hood and got a shitty one. I just needed opinions just to see if this was normal (which thats what they told me) but obviously I am being played, so I am going to have to take all the steps to get this resolve.

-Jason