Carbon Fiber + Winter = ???

IceManCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking about getting a CF hood, but I began to wonder how it would go in a country where it is often below zero in the winter. Is there a possibility of freeze damage (water goes in the hood and expendes from the frost) or if it fades by being in the cold, cause the hood is under a lot of stress from the engine, the hood becomes hot, then you park overnight and the next day it´s freezing and you start the car again and heat it again, so does these things I mensioned affect the hood in anyway, does anyone know this from expiriance ??? ´Cause I don´t want to buy a hood for 200-400dollars and then destroy it :lol:

Info would be great ;)

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothin will happen to it...if you crash it...then it'll probbaly crack...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i was also wondering about this, i'm looking into a cf hood for my dc2 and my girls civic already has a cf hood.
i was worried about winter

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should be fine. my boi got cf hood and its been fine. but again its all in the quailty of the cf. he got the good stuff so he is straight but if u go and get the cheap stuff i cant tell u nothing

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Prez said:
nothin will happen to it...if you crash it...then it'll probbaly crack...

hehe i seen pix of cars totaled w/cf hoods and the hoods were the only things left intact.

I've never heard of "winter/freeze damage" but that doesn't mean it can' t happen. I wouldn't think so...

rikx

»« ekferio
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IceManCivic said:
I was thinking about getting a CF hood, but I began to wonder how it would go in a country where it is often below zero in the winter. Is there a possibility of freeze damage (water goes in the hood and expendes from the frost) or if it fades by being in the cold, cause the hood is under a lot of stress from the engine, the hood becomes hot, then you park overnight and the next day it´s freezing and you start the car again and heat it again, so does these things I mensioned affect the hood in anyway, does anyone know this from expiriance ??? ´Cause I don´t want to buy a hood for 200-400dollars and then destroy it :lol:

Info would be great ;)
i don't really know but i really love your sig... that's some tight artwork!!!