car's not acting right...

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 1999 civic ex D16Y8, it has 97,000 miles. Recently I had a check engine light come on and when I went to the local auto parts store to have it checked out... They said it was the O2 sensor, so I changed it and it still didn't go away. Next was when it started acting up, every once in a while it acts like it's either starving for gas or getting too much fuel ( I'm no mechanic). It only does it for a couple of seconds and only once in a while. I went ahead and put a B&M fuel pressure regulator and gauge on it to see if it is the pressure. Still no difference, so I changed the plugs and wires. Now, I am asking for some help on what to do next, fuel filter, clean injectors, etc....
Thanks in advance.
Also, I forgot to mention, it has I, H, E...but they've been on it so long that I don't think that they're the problem

---MOX

Last edited:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i would have done the fuel filter long before a fpr and gauge

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe the starving part happens when ur fan comes on when ur stopped...try reseting ur ecu..that always helps me..just unplug the negative side or ur battery for a couple mins

civickidd99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going to change it, but I'm trying to find out why the CE light is still on.

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you get the light checked out after you replaced the 02 sensor and are you sure you replaced the right one

civickidd99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is only one on my car right? I put the header and Exhaust on the car myself and only remember there being the one right before the cat. conv.....