catback confusion

th3dynasty

5+ Year Member
i have a hatch with a b-series. what model civic should i use to order off of. because the exhaust for a d-series ek and different a from the si because of the header. so which one do i choose???? or could a system for a different car fit this.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy the catback exhaust for your chassis
buy a header for your engine

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ :word:

basically an ek9 exhaust system

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wouldnt that mean his bpipe would be a bit longer? Since the EK hatches all had their cats mounted right under the header as one unit

Id say. Go to a muffler shop and have them fab up " custom " bpipe and choose which ever axle back you want.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No. The point where the header with the integrated cat meets with the exhaust, is at the same place as ex header with the rear bolted on cat, and also at the same place the EK9 exhaust meets

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
what would be the advantage of a catback system and what would be the effect my ek if just put a muffler on a stock mid pipe would it sound bad?

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Muffler only give you noise, full exhaust will perform better than stock and be lourder than it as well.

ekblack97, dude, shop around for prices...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my WS2 for 413 shipped from thmotorsports.com back at the beginning of the year

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No. The point where the header with the integrated cat meets with the exhaust, is at the same place as ex header with the rear bolted on cat, and also at the same place the EK9 exhaust meets
Are you sure? Because when wanted use an aftermarket header on my DX Hatch id have to cut my b-pipe a bit so that it would allow me to use a cat?

As you can see. the length is different

the first exhaust set is the [ DX , CX ]<--Hatches, LX [ Coupe, Sedan ]
Second one is the EX [ Coupe , Sedan ]

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ you're right there.

Since a header with an integrated cat isnt being used, you shouldn't buy an OEM exhaust meant to match with the integrated cat.

I have never seen a company offer a catback exhaust that was meant for the OEM dx header. My WS2 was ordered for a dx coupe and its designed to bolt up to the cat and not the OEM dx header

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. Ive been confused on this subject for awhile when at the time I was thinking of doing a swap haha. Now just sticking with the good o'l sohc. [ Boosting soon ]