catylic converter/downpipe troubleshoot

NewKid

Hey wonderfull, expierenced people of clubcivic lol. I got a 98 hatch with after market headers and no cat.
Recently i bought a new cat and downpipe for my civic. Well i eventually installed the parts. ( learn how to on yoytube lol ). Well after my engine sounded a bit louder. White smoke came out of the o2 sensors, and where the downpipe connets to iguess the rest of the pipe is leaking. I screwd the o2 sensors tight enough. As well as i bolted tight enough the both ends of the downpipe. But mayb i missed something. I know that before connecting the cat and downpipe u have to put um idk whats it called a little ring shaped metal and thn bult on.mayb i had to put something like that too where the other end of the downpipe.? Or some type of coating to stop the leaking? Well i asked on other sites. Some suggested that my little D16y7 had high compression and thats y it didnt have a cat and thats y the white smoke came out. I only turnd it on for a minute then turnd it off. I jus want to if its possible that my engine had high Com. Or something else. Also if tht can b fixd? Did i f...k up my engine?..... :\ i only did this becuz of smog not to f#ck around.

RonJ

Banned
Post pictures showing the locations of all exhaust leaks.

NewKid

I will 2morow becuase im not home right now. Hopefully then u can help me oyt. Thanks for replyin too.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, to get more help you in the future, please proof read what you type using spell check and grammar correction. Your post is very hard to read through. A period and a paragraph break goes a long way and spell check is on everything now a days. This isn't a text to your buddy, this is you asking for help on a forum. Take a few extra seconds to put some time into it and others will put their time into helping. Most people just move right on by threads like yours that are hard to decipher or look like they are done by a middle schooler texting on a cell phone. :thumbs up

My 2 cents.