CC Beer Thread

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^Sure, why not. Technically it's just a beer with high alcohol content... The government just doesn't want us to call it beer. :lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Word! This years Anchor Christmas Ale is amazing! I want to pick up Sam Adams 12 pack seasonal next.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Has anyone on here had Stone Brewing Company's Lukcy Basatrd Ale (no, I didn't mis-spell it) or this year's Double Bastard Ale?

I had one of each last night. Both in bombers. The Lukcy Basatrd is a fusion beer. Containing some Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, and Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ales to create what I like to describe as a VERY drinkable 8.5% ABV beer. Overall appearance and aroma was awesome. Color is red, and head retained most of the way through the glass. I am a HUGE fan of just about anything Stone, including their food at their Bistro in San Diego. If you live in So Cal I highly recommend you go, even if just for the food. Their beer selection is quite commendable as well, and they have food/beer pairings on a regular basis. The Double Bastard is a yearly release, and is like an Arrogant Bastard, but heavier, and of course, stronger. If you can find them, try them!!

http://stonebrewing.com/home.asp

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I need to find some anchor christmas ale.... I went to whole foods yesterday, but they didn't have any. They were lacking in seasonals overall. I'm going to try going back after the 1st of December and see what they have.

Did anybody watch Brewmaster's on the Discovery Channel? I recorded it.. watching it now. Interesting show so far.

SlowTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to find some anchor christmas ale.... I went to whole foods yesterday, but they didn't have any. They were lacking in seasonals overall. I'm going to try going back after the 1st of December and see what they have.

Did anybody watch Brewmaster's on the Discovery Channel? I recorded it.. watching it now. Interesting show so far.
I saw it. Didn't realize by the previews that it was going to be a reality show of Dogfish Head. I almost thought it was going to be a sort of documentary series... Good nonetheless.

Edison Carasio

I used to drink Camo, but I've switched to Mickey's or Colt 45 as they are smoother. I tried to pound a Camo XTRA Black that was 12.5% ABV but it tasted too bad and my stomach revolted against it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just picked up a bottle of this a couple days ago:

Along with my 8th case of SN Celebration and I also picked up a sixer of SA's Winter Lager...been hearing good things about it so I figured i'd give it a try.

Wait till you smell Anchor's Christmas Ale - You're not going to believe it. It's wonderful.

I just placed my order for the 3 liter bottle of Stone's Double Bastard, that'll be in a few weeks. Going to "age" that till next September.

What's everyone having on the Eve of Thanksgiving?:cool:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
back to the top.

I'm stocking up some some of my favorite winter brews for this month. So far I got a bunch of Sierra Nevada Celebration:

Some Sam's WInter Lager - Which is a good all around brew...nothing spectacular but good to have on a cold night:

Anchor Christmas Ale:

and I want to pick something up today...I might go with some Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale or Troegs Mad Elf:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mmm...

Where are you guys buying the Anchor from? Is it at any big chain store that I could go to and get it?

I recently tried the Sierra Nevada Celebration for the first time. I love it... in fact, it's one of the best beers I've ever tasted. I love the bitter hoppiness of it. I only picked up one bottle, because I just wanted to try it. I'll probably pick up a six next time I get a chance though.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm in CT and we have a good number of package stores around where I live and the owners are big beer people, so they try to get in some of the best craft beer that they can, so that's how I was able to find Anchor's Christmas Ale...but I would think most places should sell Anchor's regular line up. Not sure if they'd have it in a chain store...but they might.

SlowTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It really depends on region. Some distributors just can't get all of the beers to the stores that everyone would like. Some breweries refuse to sell to certain states. Such as with Stone Brewing Company pulling their entire production line out of Wisconsin. If you find a good liquor store you can usually get special orders in with the distributor, provided they can get it in their region.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate that I often crave beer just as I'm heading to bed...

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I drank a few qts of heineken the other day.... I felt like s**t....

anyone ever try Oberon?.... It's f**king AWESOME!!!... :yummy:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've seen Oberon somewhere before, but I've never tried it. I haven't seen it in a while, but maybe I'll pick one up if I come across it again.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Currently enjoying a Drifter Pale Ale. This is definitely one of my favorites: