CC Need your help 96 civic coupe engine

realxfresh

5+ Year Member
So i recently bought a civic 96 coupe dx. All hell has broken loose, the motor mount broke and i guess a piece of it went into the timing belt and chewed it up. So i went to get it repaired but guess what? it went into the engine as well so now i need a new engine. On to the question would it be better to buy another d series motor or get a b16 my budget is 2k for everything? where are good places to get engines? what would i need if i got the b16?

RH2008

5+ Year Member
with that budget grab a D series, i just bought one for 250$ only needs a new harness, from what ive seen a b16 swap will run u over 2k easily

deemee

I am the Master...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if you want more power then go with a b16, but other then that get another D and save your money

realxfresh

5+ Year Member
i can shell out a bit more for the b series about how much should i expect to spend.

deemee

I am the Master...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
complete swap, mounts, axles, service about 3000+ at least

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Will need the airbox/aftermarket intake, axles, probably ecu unless he just didn't take a pic of it, and mounts. Other than that it looks like everything. Depending on how many miles are on that engine, probably anywhere from 1500-2500, don't really have any experience buying engines from a private party but that would be my best guess. Like everyone else said if you're looking for power/upgrading in the future just get a b series, on the other hand if you're just using the car as a daily and just want it running you might as well just save your money and get a d16.

deemee

I am the Master...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a good trusted site for motors is hmotorsonline.com, call them up for specific pricing, good people too

realxfresh

5+ Year Member
I planned on motor swapping later on so might as well now? sorry for noob question but what are the axles for?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your motor mount went into your timing belt?

PaOwA

5+ Year Member
IMO, i think if ur not in a rush to get things, get a B series motor if you want stronger pull than a D16. You can find parts by parts for a decent price. If not, i guess jus got with the D16 =D.. nothings wrong with that too.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the motor mount that is in the bottom of the motor drivers side somehow broke and pieces of the metal went everyone in the engine.
im always interested about how these things happen...were you just driving down the road and all of a sudden your motor died and you swerved out of control?

realxfresh

5+ Year Member
im always interested about how these things happen...were you just driving down the road and all of a sudden your motor died and you swerved out of control?
well i recently bought the car, im assuming it happened before i bought it, stupid me :(

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
complete swap, mounts, axles, service about 3000+ at least
LOL WUT?

you can get a b16b COMPLETE swap for about $3500 and a GSR complete swap for about $2900

a b16a2 will be like $2500

deemee

I am the Master...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL WUT?

you can get a b16b COMPLETE swap for about $3500 and a GSR complete swap for about $2900

a b16a2 will be like $2500
really? with new mounts, axles, intake, and service. Thats hard to believe