cel #3 w/ a missing link

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I checked what the code ment and it just says MAP. I have a missing link and it doesnt just turn on during boost, when i turn the car on it waits for about 3 secs then turns on. any ideas?

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no ideas guys?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats your management setup? are you using AFC hack?

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah just an FMU, i did have a safc, but took it out cuz i desided to only run 5psi for a while and save for a hondata.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how did the car run when you had the safc?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The missing link SUCKS ASS :x I bought one and it didn't work so I returned it and bought another and it still didn't work. So I had to resort to my ghetto skills and they work :shock: work really well. Bought them at a pet store

BTW, I'm tuning with a SAFC2

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i never boosted with the safc, and what the hell is that s**t ur useing form the pet store?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
i never boosted with the safc, and what the hell is that s**t ur useing form the pet store?
Check valves or something like that. Just take the pic to the pet store and they'll know. They're like under a dollar for each and they work :D I think they're used in fish tanks

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just hook it to a vaccuum sorce and to the bottom of ur map? or what? and do i only need 2 of them?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
just hook it to a vaccuum sorce and to the bottom of ur map? or what? and do i only need 2 of them?
yeah, just hook em up on the vacume line coming out of your map. You may only need 1,2 or 3. Just buy a few and keep adding them untill they work right.

let me know if you need more pics

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
yeah, just hook em up on the vacume line coming out of your map. You may only need 1,2 or 3. Just buy a few and keep adding them untill they work right.

let me know if you need more pics

yes if u could plz. this seems rather getto. but i guess ill try it. could it be that i took the safc out?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
yes if u could plz. this seems rather getto. but i guess ill try it. could it be that i took the safc out?
Yeah, if you took out your SAFC then how is your car getting tuned? I don't know s**t about fmu's but I do know that the guy that gave me those check valves was using a fmu on his turbo crx. I'll get some pics up soon

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here ya go :D I'm pretty sure they're called 1 way check valves

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what in the hell is that pluged into? ur not useing ur stock map senser?

ill take a pic of what i think is how the Missing link is supose to be hooked up (no inst s**t) tomorrow. cuz i thought u just put it were ur map was and then put ur map ontop of that....

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have heard that missing links dont do crap. Maybe you should go back to the SAFC. Bizs ghetto fix is some funny s**t.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the missing link is s**t. It's just a more expensive version of those check valves. It's just hooked up to a vacume source, I'll take another pic when my brother gets home with my car.

All that matters is that that s**t works and it does :D

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's some more pics. The sheck valves are just connected to a vacume source behind the intake mani. It works fo me but like I said, I'm tunning with a safc2

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wanna know what the hell the thing is i marked on ur pic, can i just put the vaccuum soruce on the bottom of my MAP? cuz it has like a little bar thinggy.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
i wanna know what the hell the thing is i marked on ur pic, can i just put the vaccuum soruce on the bottom of my MAP? cuz it has like a little bar thinggy.

those are both map sensors, I happen to be using the one on my firewall. The map on my tb is connected to nothing, it's just there

I know, don't laugh just go to this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=75062 :oops: