cel #3 w/ a missing link

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is what im talking about.

i think i got how you do it now. im just wondering if the missing link s**t doesnt work, why do so many ppl say to buy it? ><

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
this is what im talking about.

I would guess that's where your vacume source plugs into. I have those check valves connected to the vacume source that runs into my map.

doOd, if you are choosing to use those one way check valves on your setup then you would plug em in where you had your missing link, the same vacume source

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
correct me if im wrong, but isnt this how its supose to hooked up? or do i need a vaccuum line running to it also?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And yes that is how it is supposed to be hooked up. You should only be able to blow in it one way, it is the same as a check valve.

Why the heck are you guys still running missing link/FMUs and SAFCs. That is honestly just asking for problems on most setups.

And using a SAFC and a missing link is kinda point less, unless you are using smaller injectors and can't scale the safc down enough to get rid of the check valves.

This is all a very ghetto way of doing engine management. Maybe I am just biased b/c I am a tuner and wouldn't even think about touching those things again... which I have used in the past.

Why not find a crome/uberdata tuner in your area. Snag a chipped ecu and go at it. It will definitley be a ton safer. Hondata is kinda pointless now unless you snag the S300, and even then it is not as good as crome pro in most aspects.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93turbo16 said:
Why the heck are you guys still running missing link/FMUs and SAFCs. That is honestly just asking for problems on most setups.

because we're not as cool as you :( but I do know how to use question marks :P

:lol:

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
because we're not as cool as you :( but I do know how to use question marks :P

:lol:
opps. haha..

BUt seriously man, you should look into an alternative. There is no reason to run something like this any more. Believe me, there is a huge difference. =)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93turbo16 said:
opps. haha..

BUt seriously man, you should look into an alternative. There is no reason to run something like this any more. Believe me, there is a huge difference. =)
I was just messin with ya doOd :D

Oh I know but that's just what I threw on this summer to start out with. I knew that I wasn't finished with it because I want to run 12psi at the track. I already have a p28 ecu and looking around for different programs. The thing is, I still don't know how they work :???: How would I go from 8psi street and 12psi track? Would I have to switch ecu's? With the safc2 I could just change the settings right there. I'm looking at uberdata or chrome but everyone tells me to go hondata, the whole subject is really confusing for me. Would I need a labtop or a wide band? I will be switching obd1 and using a program when I figure everything out

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
I was just messin with ya doOd :D

Oh I know but that's just what I threw on this summer to start out with. I knew that I wasn't finished with it because I want to run 12psi at the track. I already have a p28 ecu and looking around for different programs. The thing is, I still don't know how they work :???: How would I go from 8psi street and 12psi track? Would I have to switch ecu's? With the safc2 I could just change the settings right there. I'm looking at uberdata or chrome but everyone tells me to go hondata, the whole subject is really confusing for me. Would I need a labtop or a wide band? I will be switching obd1 and using a program when I figure everything out
That is my subject of expertise.

When you tune with uberdata or crome, you can tune the WHOLE map. Just set the boost where you want to tune it to, say 5 psi. Then you tune the 5 psi column. Then turn the boost up to the 8 psi column, and tune it there. Then just keep turning the boost up to where you want and tune it on the 12 psi column. You DON'T need another ecu or another chip for that matter. You can do it all in one. Now if you do one pump gas and one race gas, then you will need a new chip, with that race tune on it.

They work off of the column headings on the top when you open them up. If you would like I could make a basemap for you and show you how the stuff works. It really isn't tooo hard.

Also check out www.tunewithcrome.com and www.ecimulti.org/uberdata

There is a lot of information on the uberdata site. Just snoop around and definitley check out the newbs forum man. The stickied links are very very good.

To tune, you really just need a chip burner and a wideband and a laptop. Datalogging is useful to.

BTW Hondata really isn't the way to go anymore with the free ware that is available. Crome has all the features hondata has for way.

If you want more specific help just PM me.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend is actually going to Pennsylvania to get his car tuned, I don't know exactly where tho. So my ecu will tune according to the boost, right? Now how about the actual tuning and when I do get a program like chrome, is it just a chip I add to my ecu?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
my friend is actually going to Pennsylvania to get his car tuned, I don't know exactly where tho. So my ecu will tune according to the boost, right? Now how about the actual tuning and when I do get a program like chrome, is it just a chip I add to my ecu?
You just need a socketed OBD1 ecu, and if you are unsure on how to do a complete tune just read up on those sites I linked you to. They have good info on there.

Wonder where he is going? Probably Evans?