CEL for brand new IACV

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, so I've been having idle problems for awhile now. At first, it was a very low idle, no problems when in gear. I went down the list of funky idle causes, vaccum leaks, sensors intact, all hoses connected, ect. Couldn't find the problem so I took the IACV out and cleaned it, put it back in and it didn't fix anything...if anything it made it worse. Now instead of being low, it's high and looping. After awhile it threw a code which I diagnosed as P0505, which is idle air control system. I got a brand new IACV and it's still doing the same thing and throwing the same code. Basically my question is, what other parts of the idle air control system are there, and which ones could be responsible for the code that isn't the IACV itself? Oh, and I did the thing where you start the car with the intake off, I plugged the IACV hole and the idle was fine, which means the IACV is the problem but it's brand new. Any ideas? It's getting really old. Thanks in advance guys.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Halp!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you take ur intake off, and clog up the entire TB, does the car die? If so, you have a vacuum leak, and its prolly near the IACV (iacv gasket/tb gasket). Either that, or you just happened to get a bad IACV.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't tried that...i'll check the gaskets again. I mean what else, besides the IACV, could it be if I plugged the iacv hole and it fixed itself?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't tried that...i'll check the gaskets again. I mean what else, besides the IACV, could it be if I plugged the iacv hole and it fixed itself?
Bad wiring. Could be just corroded/aged. Other than that, Im clueless. :what: