Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Back in my hands! Killer turn around for both my roll bar and my buddies. Dropped Monday on my lunch break, picked up on a late lunch break today!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back in my hands! Killer turn around for both my roll bar and my buddies. Dropped Monday on my lunch break, picked up on a late lunch break today!

Can't wait to see it reinstalled.

Sent from my Nexus 7

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, I was going to wait to post all of this stuff up as completed but I've run into issues and the car will be down until probably the weekend still. Always something!

So first off I ordered some aero a few weeks back. Stuff I can run daily and kind of hold me over until I get the track front I want. Ordered Top1 winglets (type2), Top1 canards (street version), LowProAero sideskirt diffusers and LowProAero rear bumper extention/diffusers. Pictured are the wrapped up Top1 items...

Prepare to go away Mr. Carbon!

Welcome home old friend! Mr. Kevlar!

And an impulse buy because it was a good price and I had money sitting in PayPal...lol. SPOON!!!! Spoon wheel and Spoon hub...not decided on what I think yet, only installed...not driven yet.

On to the roll bar...so we did a test fit before taking to powder coating. looked good but not dead on, no worries since it was very very close (talking mounting holes from the yellow to the black). First issue was having to strip down the powder from the leg joints as my guy forgot to tape them off and I forgot to mention it anyway. No biggie, dremel down to metal and legs slide on as they should. Then we start fitting up and putting bolts in to soft mount before locking it down...off. Some bolts wont even go it...lol. No biggie, not what we wanted to deal with but it was in the possibilities considering what we were dealing with. Break out the drill...start cleaning things up and getting lined up...drill dies. So at this point with the extra work we run out of time Sunday with other things going on. We should be back at it on Friday as the week is rather busy for myself and buddy helping me out. Bar is in and most of the hardware is soft mounted. Going to grab my father in laws drill this week so we can finish up Friday...I hope!...lol. And I was to frustrated to snap a progress pic...maybe later if I go out to the garage.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Little undecided on hoods or just havin fun?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I only sold the hood back in Feb because of the furlough crap that I knew was coming up for the gov't and I wanted to save up some cash to keep in reserve. I didnt want to sell it but did what I had to when the money was in my face...lol. Buddy was parting out his car with the carbon so we traded, then my bro in law who bought my kevlar hood and my wifes old FBP said he wanted a carbon now so we traded the kevlar for my carbon. Kind of a shuffle game but its all good. But now I'm not sure if I still want kevlar...lol.

Thanks hatchkid =)

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Personally I love the kevlar especially on ebp. I would take it off your hands if I ever had the chance...and the moo-lah lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha...there is a possiblity of it going up. I've considered hoarding it and getting another carbon hood if I change. But I might sell too. One thing is for sure, if I sell I will NOT ship it. I'll meet in a good range to assist the purchase but I will not ship it.

Annnnnnd, finished up the roll bar yesterday. Much more difficult to put together the rear seats with this bar...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry for the delay here, rather busy time off work during Christmas/New Years.

I like the 949's, but I do not daily them. They are strictly a track wheel.

Happy New year all!

Well, I went to install the canards and winglets the other day but ran into some issues. Canards, one is for my car and one is not. No biggie, things happen and Top1 will sort it out. Called them on the 31st but they seemed to be closed due to the holiday times. Email tag now to exchange it. Winglets, there is nothing on the bottom of my Fugen lip able to hold mounting them to. So a buddy and I grafted in some brackets we made. Metal brackets grafted with fiberglass.

And after mounted to the bumper...

Also cut out the spot for the OEM duct as the CT intake tube is right there. Nice direct flow with keeping the fog in place...and yes, my CTR for is cracked :( Going to order some lamnex to keep water out of it.

And STICKERS!!!! Got a few Spoon stickers for Christmas...

And the winglets, they are Top1 but I took the stickers off the side as I prefered the blanked look much more.

Canards will go on after getting the one exchanged. Sides and rear will be on as soon as I get time. =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, just pulled these Corbeau harnesses out in favor of some current and certified. I'm trying to prepare for a real deal TT division race. I'm trying to get the safety gear together but it might prove to expensive. The race you ask? The Dragon Hill Climb. They close a section near the main Tail of the Dragon over in Robinsville, NC. It's just as it sounds, a hill climb challenge race. The date is March 22/23. So today I ordered RaceQuip 6pt harnesses and RaceQuip arm restraints. I still have to buy a SFI5 3 layer race suit, head sock, shoes and fire extinguisher...maybe something else I can't recall right now.

Goodbye Corbeau!

If you have seen this great looking MR you might know it is being parted out from a total. It sucks but I decided to step outside the box and grab the spoiler ;) With the car being more and more track prepped I'm going to give it a shot.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice updates. That hill climb sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'll be tuned in for some more track prepping!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
4 of the 6 points installed on both sides yesterday. As well as a much needed bath for mine and the TSX

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If all goes as planned, this is the future site of our new home. Stacey and I have been talking with a builder and hope to get things rolling soon :D

Well my buddy Jose and I took full advantage of the day off yesterday and the mid to upper 60's.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good. And that looks like a nice lot for a house. Plenty of space for activities.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
........................Just read the Dragon recap.

:slapslap:

ahahha!

Good times. Pretty much got rid of everything I ate that day. :P

Anyways, I'm surprised at how big the canards are. I didn't think you'd go for a set that big.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

Excited about what might be for the new house location. Lots of plans/ideas.

Dom, you got rid of EVERYTHING you ate for like the whole week before the Dragon! :P

Canards are bigger than I though they would be but when I got them I actually liked them. The streed version are Top1's smallest version and least aggressive which is what I wanted. Very happy for being bigger than I expected.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

Excited about what might be for the new house location. Lots of plans/ideas.

Dom, you got rid of EVERYTHING you ate for like the whole week before the Dragon! :P

Canards are bigger than I though they would be but when I got them I actually liked them. The streed version are Top1's smallest version and least aggressive which is what I wanted. Very happy for being bigger than I expected.
Touché.

if those are the smallest they offer, then I wonder how big their upgraded version's are.

Now will all these modifications really make the car more aerodynamic with the speeds you are going during Auto-X?