Change...EM1 content

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love the ride. Gotta go pro that s**t. That dragon run looks pretty legit, id love to do it. Doubt ill ever be on that side of the country with my own car though lol

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lookin forward to seein a new track vid up soon! and hear how the ITR is with the Toda

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

Dragon is in NC/TN. Check the regional thread for the meet info!

And no worries, I always GoPro my racing. Check my YouTube channel, same user name ;)

Jon, I'm going to crunch things to try and have them installed and tuned for the meet =)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am considering making the 10 and a half hour drive except I'm in school and only starting work now and my car has a long way to go before it's safe and comfortable to drive that long so i don't know if I'll make it. i would love to go and meet you and see your car. My friend Dominick (he's a user on here) had an EBP Si and I think he was gonna and would love to see your car in person.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I know Dom! Before I got to that part in your post I was thinking "I wonder how far he is from Dom...carpool?" I totally understand people not being able to make it with work/school. We try to post early enough for taking off and all but some times its just not in the cards. This is an annual event and roughly the same time each year. If not this, maybe next!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I would love to go with him, but I don't have a large enough time frame. I'm only off from school the 18-20 and I'm not sure what his plans are, but maybe someday I'll be able to go. And my hometown is only an hour from him. I'm currently two hours away from my hometown up in northern Pennsylvania though.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Right on Osiris. Hope you can make it sometime!

RonJ...lol :p

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Toda's came in =) Looking to install/tune the first week of Oct...BWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Nice car man. Love it.

Only thing I don't care for is the lip....it just doesn't flow with the skirts and rear lip imo.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

No worries rustycivic, all in our own taste =) I am planning to move on from it as its been on the car since I bought it in 2005. But if you dont like the Mugen style you probably wont like whats next...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No clue. I've read/heard to expect around 15whp out of them on a tune but of course thats just what I've tried to find. Cant find any YouTube on the A's either. The JDM B18C is rated at 200bhp so if my bolt ons and the additions of the cams with tuning gets me around that on the wheels I'll be happy. I've been happy anyway with the improvement over the B16 so its just going to continue to win for me...lol.

And in other news...

Saturday the plan was to do a quick bolt check and wash up the car for the race on Sunday. Those plans stopped with the bolt check...

Bolt check level...

What I found on the driver front LCA...

So I tried to tighten that up and it wouldnt bite at all. The nut that the LCA bolt goes into is tacked inside the subframe. You have two options here, replace the subframe or cut a hole to access with new hardware (or old if the nut didnt fall deep into the subframe). Reference photo is on the passenger side showing what the subframe and LCA look like together (as if you didnt know :p )

What I did...

Got lucky and I was able to get the nut out of the subframe...

And the crap tacks you can hardly tell were even there...

Monday I worked on everything as the stores I needed to get some hardware from were closed on Sunday. Plus I had to much going on over the weekend to dedicate to repair when I wouldnt be able to race anyway. I was able to wash up =)

Harnesses too!

And for anyone whos wiper cowl is faded and you want to restore it, Mother's Back to Black works great =)

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Good call on the wiper cowl, I need to do that. Let this be a lesson to everyone that you can't be too careful in checking out your car, even when you know of any current problems.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, you never know. Its always good to check things out from time to time.

And yes, the back to black is temp. On our garage kept vehicles it lasts a few washes before it starts to fade. But its very easy to do and I dont mind hitting it when I need to =)