Change headlights - civic 93

93bc2civic

5+ Year Member
These are the headlights i have on mine currently, if it helps any.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ild get the black housing ones wit jdm ambers thats wat im gettin when i get money for my hatchie

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't like amber on a red car. Just about any other color and amber looks nice. It just clashes against the red too much. I also don't like the 1 piece units. They just don't look right to me. Lastly, aftermarket projectors are typically pretty terrible for light output. All of that said, I like the ones in my sig. :D

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just bought a pair of TYC's, and those lights in the link are fake TYC lights so they are probably going to be crappy compared to the real ones, i have a set of projectors just like 93bc2civic and they were bright but kept blowing bulbs. not to jack the thread but if im not mistaken i think i know how 93bc2civic got his name, 93 is the car year, bc2 is for buddyclub 2 body kit, and civic is the car name. but as for lights i would get the TYC real ones.

bman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think amber looks fine on a red civic.... didn't bother me one bit.... i've tried a few variations... and well i change my mind alot... but heres a few different pics of my car at a few different stages...

the first two are tyc which is what i suggest.. they are real nice..

the other ones are denji angel eyes ... one with amber corners and one with white corners..

hope this helps

I've also seen and like the look of black denji lights with the amber corners...

other then that there is the stock look which i think is nice too fora clean look and then there is the one piece angeleyes which i think looks nasty only because of the way they are styled.. the reflector on the side is in an awkward place ... but angeleyes at night are damn nice..

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep it clean with stanleys. Go JDM if you want.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i think that bman's car looks like pure sex to me, i like it alot.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ALEXSAN i myself found nothing wrong with the first ones, these second ones arent bad either but hey its your car, do as you please. if you want the first ones then get the first ones but if you want the second then get the second ones. any reason why you are going through ebay specifically? i bought my headlights off of www.slickcar.com, i payed $250 AMCN with shipping for them, i see that the first pair are going for 180, mine were listed for 220 and they are the real deal.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im a big fan of oem, so I'd say stick with stock headlights. I'm not a fan of halo's but I actually dont mind the tyc 1 piece.. they look pretty bad ass to me... look hella good on bmans car. If you want your car to stand out a bit then for sure go for the tyc halos. If you want a clean stock look go for the oem stanlyes. Right now My current set up is usdm headlights with mtec 6000k hid... luvin it. I'm actually goin to buy a set of tyc projectors. They look clean and pretty stock... just wanna get rid of some of the glare in my setup right now.... maybe you'll wanna try these as well? I still Can't decide if clear or black will look good on my white hatch tho :???::what: anyways, good look

Clear
http://cgi.ebay.ca/TYC-HONDA-CIVIC-92-93-94-95-HEAD-LIGHT-HEADLIGHTS-CLEAR_W0QQitemZ220118956834QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Black
http://cgi.ebay.ca/TYC-HONDA-CIVIC-92-93-94-95-HEAD-LIGHT-HEADLIGHTS-BLACK_W0QQitemZ220044609075QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I have 2 pair of Halo's:

I currently have the one-pice halos on right now. I like how the amber corners are circular. I turn off the Halos whenever I have the headlights on because the blue/white rings clash with the amber lighting

I also own another set of halo's, but theyre 2-pice set. the sides are actually JDM amber sides, which give my headlights an aftermarket look with a JDM feel to it at the same time. Not installed yet. but will replace teh one-piece set after new paint is done.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just bought a pair of TYC's, and those lights in the link are fake TYC lights so they are probably going to be crappy compared to the real ones, i have a set of projectors just like 93bc2civic and they were bright but kept blowing bulbs. not to jack the thread but if im not mistaken i think i know how 93bc2civic got his name, 93 is the car year, bc2 is for buddyclub 2 body kit, and civic is the car name. but as for lights i would get the TYC real ones.
Those are also the real deal... theres just cheaper. I've bought brand name stuff on ebay before for less then buying it at a local shop. Have to wait for it to arrive but hey you save a few bucks

norybg3

5+ Year Member
True, those are real tyc's. I bought mine off that same saltpepper guy, and they came with the tyc decals, and certificate. Their real nice, but I got tired of them and I went back to oem headlights and some amber corner lights.