Changing Headlights

Jliznel

5+ Year Member
ok i just bought new head lights for my 98 cx hatch and i want to knwo how easy it is to change the head lights i am pretty sure its just the bolts on top but if its anything i wan tot be be sure so i do a crap job and end up haivng no headlights tonight when i go out so if its any dif then jsut those could you let me knwo whats dif and what i would have to do to do it quick and well thank you

iixtremehansen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take off the bumper and you see like 2 more screws on the bottum. one near the fender and one in the middle around the supports are. just look around the head light and youll see after you take the bumper off.

edit.unscrew the bumper by lookin in the inner fender where your wheels are 1 on each side then take of the screw or plastic bolts thats on the grill and on the bumper and thats it. real simple. 8-15 min easy.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well you dont have to, but itd be alot easier if you took the bumper off, if you want to, there are to 10mm bolts on the underside of the bumper, then there is a screw on each side where the bumper meets the fender, then just take all those plastic screws off the hold the grill on, then there are 4 10mm bolts for each headlight 2 on top, one behind, and one towards the middle of the car where to grill is, you know what i mean? then just unhook that metal piece tha holds the bulb in. and then twist the turn signal bulb and it comes out. did i forget anything?

should take 15-20 mins....thats how long it took me, not even

Jliznel

5+ Year Member
so how long will this take i was thinking it would be alittle easier tehn taking off the bumper but if i have to i have to but roughly about how long will it take?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jliznel said:
so how long will this take i was thinking it would be alittle easier tehn taking off the bumper but if i have to i have to but roughly about how long will it take?

should take 15-20 mins....thats how long it took me, not even

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can take my bumper off, change headlights, and re-install bumper in like 20 mintes...IF that. :lol: