Cheap, good sounding exhaust

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
So my exhaust on my 99 Civic hatch broke. The piece i need is $90 so I was just going to get a catback off ebay. I'm only looking to spend $50 tops so I know i'm not going to get a great exhaust but does anyone know of a cheap ebay exhaust that sounds deep? I can't stand the high pitched weed wacker sound. Right now everythings stock. I have a d16y8 i'll be putting in soon but as of now even the stock airbox.

So i'm looking for a cheap catback thats deep sounding. Any sugestions?

Thanks

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any and all eBay exhausts sound like weed wackers. Hell, even some of the name brand $5-$700 exhaust systems sound like weed wackers.

I'd say just get custom 2.25 piping and get an OEM Si or RSX-S muffler and get a shop to put it together for you. It's nice and quiet.

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
yha i know most of the exhaust sound like tha. just seeing if anyone happened to stumble across one that didn't.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they all will sound like crap. just stick with oem til you can afford a decent cat-back

igor_adz

hxrider98
5+ Year Member
i got a megan racing exhaust on my car and it sounds deep and not like a weed wacker, im running a d16... and the exhaust is around 150.... if your planning on spending only 50 then youll get a weed wacker sounding exhaust

j-monster

5+ Year Member
I paid 100 for my Vibrant Streetpower exhaust! Sounds extremly nice and deep! Good alternative