cheap K20 yes/no?

96civic808

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
someone is selling a K20 engine came of from a 04 rsx.
His asking $700 for the complete engine/trans/axel/ecu/engine harness.

1. is it hard to swap into EK?
2. what else i need for this swap? besides Hondata ECU/Engine Mounts ect.
is this worth $700?
need suggestions/comments/advise pls!!!!!
tnx.

EJ1Mek

5+ Year Member
$700.00 ? it sounds to good to be true you sure their isn't no internal damages ?
well if i had this in front of me i would snag it quickly and flip it and make 5-6 grand depending on miles .

HASPORT Motor mount Kit for k20 swap in EK's is all you really need to just bolt in on with no problems .

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
someone is selling a K20 engine came of from a 04 rsx.
His asking $700 for the complete engine/trans/axel/ecu/engine harness.

1. is it hard to swap into EK?
2. what else i need for this swap? besides Hondata ECU/Engine Mounts ect.
is this worth $700?
need suggestions/comments/advise pls!!!!!
tnx.
1. yes and no. yes if you have no experience.
2. conversion harness, header, fuel set-up, axles, and more. plan on spending another 2500 and up on the build besides the motor.

what you may be purchasing is a k20a3. a full type s swap (k20a2) will typically run about 3000.

96civic808

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2. conversion harness, header, fuel set-up, axles, and more. plan on spending another 2500 and up on the build besides the motor.

what you may be purchasing is a k20a3. a full type s swap (k20a2) will typically run about 3000.
i am still reading posts on k20 swap on K20.org and it seems that its possible for me to do it.
i know a k20a3 doesnt make much power compare to the a2 but you think its good for the price?

96civic808

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$700.00 ? it sounds to good to be true you sure their isn't no internal damages ?
well if i had this in front of me i would snag it quickly and flip it and make 5-6 grand depending on miles .

HASPORT Motor mount Kit for k20 swap in EK's is all you really need to just bolt in on with no problems .
i think its pretty legit and i know the person lolz.
according to the post i've read, i'll have to do more mods to accommodate the K series to the EK.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All the kool kids are doing it! go for it! sounds like u have mstly everything you need.. Id do Kpro if it were me considering all the $$ u saved with the K purchase

MYEF

5+ Year Member
Dude thats a steal you should do it.
Its well worth it in so many ways. Its a K' swap i would do it for sure if it was me

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
me personally i would do. K series is a better platform...just expensive. but that's a deal go for it.

96civic808

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know the K20A3 is weaker than the K20A2 so whats the difference between the two besides 5sp on a3/6sp on a2, cams, compressor ratio. can you guys post up wat u know, while im doing my research also.
tnx

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am still reading posts on k20 swap on K20.org and it seems that its possible for me to do it.
i know a k20a3 doesnt make much power compare to the a2 but you think its good for the price?
there's no point in swapping in an a3 unless you just want to say "yea, it's K swapped" and get laughed at. Honestly, I'd save your money for a better buy. You can get k24 longblocks for about that price. Obviously you still have to buy other pieces to the puzzle, but I bet you'll be a lot more satisfied with the end result.

Just my opinion though.

jhar_EK

word
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there's no point in swapping in an a3 unless you just want to say "yea, it's K swapped" and get laughed at. Honestly, I'd save your money for a better buy. You can get k24 longblocks for about that price. Obviously you still have to buy other pieces to the puzzle, but I bet you'll be a lot more satisfied with the end result.

Just my opinion though.
Man my buddy has a a3 turbo'd on stock internals that made 328 daily driver....that's nothing to laugh at.

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy crap buy it, thats the best easy swap u can put in a honda

4wd eg6

5+ Year Member
if is a k20a3 not worth it cuz its only 160hp with a massive $$$ on install and performance parts. if is a k20a2 its a really good deal for a 210hp 6spd and few mods get tons of power. but still 2 cheap maybe damage internal or came from a stolen car.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm i need that motor for my sedan

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

:afrocorrect: 3k for a k20a2 is the quote I got for one with 120k miles on the engine. In your case regarding the k20a3, If I was u, I'd just flip it for some profit. Do your homework first!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man my buddy has a a3 turbo'd on stock internals that made 328 daily driver....that's nothing to laugh at.
thats turbo'd, and let me know how long it lasts ;) Not an N/A swap.

I have multiple friends that have gone the a3 turbo route here in co (all the corsportusa guys) and they've only got about a year out of them before they blew up.