cheap parts

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
i was looking at some of the posts on here and it seems that alot of people hate parts off of ebay but there are some that say there parts are good and some say some parts are ok to get a deal on so i was just wanted to know wat parts would it be ok to go cheap on

94 civic ex

5+ Year Member
Intake tube is good off ebay just use a better filter.

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
yeah i saw that somewhere ive also herd somepeple say that the clutch kits are good also

GoFast

5+ Year Member
I have a header that I bought of ebay for cheap and it is actually good. I havent had any problems with it in 50,000 miles.

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
i got an alumium racing radiator and it did really good keepin my car cool never gave me any problems

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The test pipes are junk but the headers are ok. I had one its alittle better than stock but like everyone says you get what you pay for. Shifters and some suspension parts are decent.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
remember: you ALWAYS get what you pay for. Why would you go cheap on your car? Don't you want to be proud of it and say that it has some quality parts in it? I'm not saying all quality is expensive, but it seems that you're trying to get the most out of building a motor without putting a dime into it.....

In all honesty, if you don't plan on putting some money into your car (whether it be for looks or performance), then the Honda game isn't really for you.....

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
yeah but y would i pay like 200 dollars more for a aem intake when i can get intake tubing and kn filtr for like 50-70 its i dont wanna spend more then i have to to get the same results but its true what youre saying

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
yeah i was thinking of getting tie bars and stuff for my car and ebay generics would be like 60 but i can get megan ones for like 150 for all of them

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just because their cheap doesn't mean SOME of the parts are any different than others. just means the seller either bought in bulk, or got a really good deal on a specific amount of something because it could be an old model. I bought Tein s-tech springs on ebay for about 15 bucks cheaper than tein's website. also got some kyb gr2 struts on ebay about 25 cheaper for the pair than kyb's site. their working great, only have about 3,000 miles on em but so far so good. it's certain things like lip kits, lights, and some motor parts that are going to be Taiwan knock-offs that really are made with shitty materials and assembled like crap. honestly, the best thing to do it buy name brand, but get it on ebay. that way you may be able to get the original warranty through the manufacturer and it'll be a little bit cheaper than the manufacturer's website.
a good website I found that is actually on the header of CC is velocityshop.com. they sell some stuff cheaper than the makers own website and they have multiple makes for everything.
If your on a budget just buy everything Megan Racing, from what I've heard, most things are just as good as some of the more expensive stuff, like headers and suspension stuff, but it's not necessarily the best stuff out there obviously because the price is lower.

GoFast

5+ Year Member
remember: you ALWAYS get what you pay for. Why would you go cheap on your car? Don't you want to be proud of it and say that it has some quality parts in it? I'm not saying all quality is expensive, but it seems that you're trying to get the most out of building a motor without putting a dime into it.....

In all honesty, if you don't plan on putting some money into your car (whether it be for looks or performance), then the Honda game isn't really for you.....
I agree that some things it pays to spend more, but you can get a stainless header with thick flanges and all the mounting hardware for $49 on ebay I say why not. what could be wrong with that.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i was thinking of getting tie bars and stuff for my car and ebay generics would be like 60 but i can get megan ones for like 150 for all of them
that's one thing you don't want to get on ebay. their junk. velocityshop.com sells the c-pillar bar for 45. and meganracing.com has the strut bar for like 45, and some other stuff pretty cheap. don't do ebay for strut bars or anything like that. that is one thing I learned.
Really it's hit or miss, there's some stuff you just have to learn about. I've done my fair share of purchasing on ebay, and it's hard to know what to buy and what not to buy. your doing a good job so far just reading others posts. that's what I've done. check out velocityshop.com though. you won't be dissappointed.

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one thing I heard about eBay headers is that the 2-1 gasket blows. If you get one, make sure you use some gasket gel aka hightemp sealant.

But really, just check craigslist man. I found a NIB aem sri for like 80 on craigslist. Walked away with it for 60.

95_CIVICHATCH

5+ Year Member
Ebay ambers are good. I also got lowering springs but those are skunK.
Ebays not bad you just need to kno how/and what to get.