Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well as CC.com members we should try and help other members with their car, and what other better way could we help them by giving them Cheap reliable things that they can do to their car to make it look, and work, better. Such as DIY's.
Try to only list one at.

Alright I will go first...
Painting your wiper arms. Maybe if you have those chrome chips in them, or maybe dull black paint, grab a spray can of black paint, take them off and paint them up. Deffiantly looks better then chrome chips.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
tighten the throttle cable to reduce slack/lag in the throttle response :what:

keep your car at idle
tighten the cable till you have about a 1/4" worth of play
make sure that you DO NOT tighten it enough to effect your idle what so ever.. that's why you leave the car running, if the idle goes up you'll notice it...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
black housing headlights, plenty of how-to's if you search

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cheap eh. Get a tint band for thw window. It look pimped and helps in sun. Umm. Grills of ebay. Emblems. Umm. CAI. You can get th eintake manifold of a d15 or sometihng if you have a d16y7 and it'll make a few horses. Then your intake wont work though. I'll look into it.

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As for What Tye said.. there is also that metal bar under the window which the paint also comes off easily... just some flat black spray paint will make it look much better! remember not to paint the window..

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Detail your engine by cleaning it, do a quick search and you can find a couple of ways on doing it.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put washers under the rear bolt holding the hood, it helps under hood temps dramatically

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YellowSi said:
Put washers under the rear bolt holding the hood, it helps under hood temps dramatically
r u sure about that?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea mine was a few notches below the middle, well when driving

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imo i think it looks kind funky...looks like ur hood doesnt fit properly like carbon fiber hoods

douggiefresh

Douggie Fresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pull your wheels and paint your calipers, if your a poooooo foooo like me pull your rear wheels off and strip your drums and paint your drums, even flat black looks better than flakey/rusty. A big thing that judges check to is inside your wheels wells make sure they are undercoated and clean looking. Pick up some satin spray paint and spray down your fender wells so they are nice and shiney instead of dull and chipped away.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend did the washer trick on his turbo ls, brought the temp down a good bit

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if u like the clean look, and are sick of seeing your "civic" or "dx" etc. peel off the emblems, get some compound, and compound the shadow of the glue. If there is excess glue, get a scraper and a razor blade (be very careful) and scrape away the excess puddy or glue.

douggiefresh

Douggie Fresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FartCanMan said:
if u like the clean look, and are sick of seeing your "civic" or "dx" etc. peel off the emblems, get some compound, and compound the shadow of the glue. If there is excess glue, get a scraper and a razor blade (be very careful) and scrape away the excess puddy or glue.
:evil: Razor blades + Paint = The devils doing! BIG no no =)

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean up the interior and shampoo your carpets, clean your upholstery, etc. That'll definitely make it look and feel brand new. Give your car a good wax for that feel good look. Also, if you have that haze on your headlights pick up some rubbing compound from an auto parts store and just follow the directions. Trust me, it works well.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint your OE skirts body color. EZ and cheap.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if u want give ur interior a different personality, take off some of the easier interior pieces such as speaker covers, door pieces, gauge vinyl etc. and primer them then get vinyl paint and paint em up.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ur right razor blades and paint dont mix, i guess i got lazy, but i didnt mess it up i took my time and was careful

ryanM

diy ctr grill, diy ctr headlights, diy sideskirt/mirror/side molding matching (depending on your trim)

cheap things you should not do to your car
cut/heat springs
buy cosmetic enhancements from autozone/advanced auto/pep boys etc...:lol: