Cheap yet creative Civic interior ideas

sp33drac3r

5+ Year Member
yo guys, if u guys got some good ideas with what to do with the interior of my 99 civic lx i.e. dash, bezel. I was thinking of painting my dash a diff. color but no idea what to. any good color scheme ideas? the help is much appreciated*

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you paint your car's interior or sand it or do anything like that... FIRST buy all new interior parts (as far as what you want to paint I mean). That way you still have a complete matching interior for when/if you want to swap back to a more stock look.

Finding the differnt parts in different colors or colors you don't want will be easier than finding all matching parts in the color you want. So get the mismatched parts and paint those instead.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Something dark perferably....NO NEON COLORS please for me...spare me the horror

420GREEN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As for painting the interior is an awesome idea dude..............NOT!!!!

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zenray said:
black werd

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the best and least expensive IMO is to just leave it be.. :oh:

anything that is decent is pretty costly..

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zenray said:
He should paint his interior hot pink!

j.k

As to the interior questions, please don't paint. It doesn't look as good as stock. If you wanna be creative change the color of your dash, door panels and plastics by switch them over to black or another stock looking color. Or, change the carpet colors, your seats for example, get s**t redone, just don't paint. ekk..

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would never paint my civics dash or any part for that matter if you want a diff color get the new pieces in that color painting it just looks taky and is very easy to chip away and your car will smell like the paint you used for the longest time if your looking to do anythng swap dash\boards or somthing please do not paint it

*****but hey its your car do what you want*****:roll:

painted dashboard FTL

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well one little thing i did on the interior of my car was i found an old civic badge and cleaned it up all nice and neat then took some adheasive and glued it to the dash in the big blank spot right above the glove box. IMO it turned out pretty good as long as you dont get adhesive everywhere. but thats just an idea. as for painting the interior, i wouldnt do it. ive never seen anything good come of painted interior.

retoddid06

5+ Year Member
if you really wanna mod your interior, just send me all the parts and i will paint them camo for you that way when someone sees how ridiculous it looks you wont be visible becasue you will be hidden in your ghetto painted car! seriously dont paint the interior, it will end up chipping and look worse with the original color showing through but thats just my $.02 worth!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
retoddid06 said:
if you really wanna mod your interior, just send me all the parts and i will paint them camo for you that way when someone sees how ridiculous it looks you wont be visible becasue you will be hidden in your ghetto painted car! seriously dont paint the interior, it will end up chipping and look worse with the original color showing through but thats just my $.02 worth!
Um believe that has been covered a month ago you old post troll. :D

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
painting needs to be done in accordance with the rest of your car, and if done correctly, painting will look great. but the only way to acheive the great is by fiberglassing, sanding, smoothing, and then painting it. dont just spray the plastic pieces or what everybody said, will become true!

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok ill speak for myself, I did it, and I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP! everynight! I painted the interior black, spent 100's of hours and dollars prepping and painting to perfection. I tried to mod the interior in every way, including fiberglass, carbon fiber, ripping out the center console and putting TV in there.

I am spending hundreds trying to get a stock interior back, or just sell my EFFING CAR NOW, but nobody will buy it. DUDE you will cry and cry and cry if you do this. Ive been fighting this battle for 2 years now, and still am depressed. My girl says it embarrasing. DO NOT! paint the interior or modify it in ANY way, unless you get str8t honda parts that match, and maybe some bride seats. THATS IT!

IMO, if you get anything "real" carbon fiber, i think that looks the best, like a carbon fiber headliner.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what i did was... change cluster bulbs to xenon blue and removed the color covering in the back of the climate control (now has that amber look).

not much... but it's something! =)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just wrap the whole interior in gucci.

Luscious Luke

5+ Year Member
Dont paint, just do minor mods, like this.

Redo the door panels and armrest in red to match seats

Custom carbon fiber NAWZ panel for your juice

and a custom gauge panel for more "gay-jiz" in place of your cup holders. I still need to cut the holes for the "gay-jiz." Oh yeah, and the S2000 starter button. A must have....well not really, but I thought it was cool. LOL

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is that starter button hooked up..?

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k interior painting up its ass. you WILL hate it, maybe not at first cuz you'll be all like... "check out my sweet-ass interior paint dawgz!!!!!!!!!!" but you will be so high from the paint fumes that linger in your car forever after you've done it, you wont realize how gay it is right away... just skip the ricer phase, please. i still hate myself for ever have painting my entire interior white. but i put all new (stock) black GSR interior back in its place. take it from people who know, its highly reccommended that you put down the spraypaint cans right now and back away slowly.