cheapest price for more gain

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
im lookin to up hp for not too much money. what do you guys think, new ecu, catback. whats up?

ryanM

stop trying to buy cheap s**t because you are broke.

buy a nice exhaust and then decide what you really want to do with the car

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
stop trying to buy cheap s**t because you are broke.

buy a nice exhaust and then decide what you really want to do with the car
Agreed.

Cheap and performance are two words that dont really belong in the same sentence.

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
btw, im not really looking for cheap s**t. im looking to upgrade my car with not spending alot of money. theres a difference. i don't want to put cheap s**t on my brand new car. there are some things on the cheaper side that will improve performance. just trying to get some ideas.

3rdCoast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if its an r18 then get an intake and/or exhaust and go from there.

ryanM

s**t i didnt even realize this was for an EX

cheapest way to be faster is to sell your car and buy an Si.

single cams are good for nothing except making sure boats dont drift away

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t i didnt even realize this was for an EX

cheapest way to be faster is to sell your car and buy an Si.

single cams are good for nothing except making sure boats dont drift away
You forgot they get better gas mileage than DOHC:oops:...........

And to the OP, there are SOOOO many threads on this forum alone that discuss this topic. And just merely asking what kind of power you can get without spending a lot of money is way too vague. Some would suggest dropping in a K&N filter for $50 as cheap power, others would suggest piecing together a reliable turbo kit for $2,000 as cheap power. Search 8th gen tech for what other people have done.

/thread

ryanM

You forgot they get better gas mileage than DOHC:oops:...........

And to the OP, there are SOOOO many threads on this forum alone that discuss this topic. And just merely asking what kind of power you can get without spending a lot of money is way too vague. Some would suggest dropping in a K&N filter for $50 as cheap power, others would suggest piecing together a reliable turbo kit for $2,000 as cheap power. Search 8th gen tech for what other people have done.

/thread
thats like saying you wish you had one leg because it takes too much energy to move two of them.

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
if its an r18 then get an intake and/or exhaust and go from there.
i already have aem cold air. i was think exhaust to finish that project. like i said, the only real cat back i can find thats descent is greddy ti-c. if you guys found anything else let me know. i don't reallt=y like skunk2 so thats outta the question i think.

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i already have aem cold air. i was think exhaust to finish that project. like i said, the only real cat back i can find thats descent is greddy ti-c. if you guys found anything else let me know. i don't reallt=y like skunk2 so thats outta the question i think.
You're not gonna see a huge performance difference with an exhaust, but looks and sound will be improved. I say go for it...

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
im not sure. im new to tuning. thats why im asking. why would i need a fuel pressure regulator? if it was turbocharged?

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honestly.. go with that they said... sell ur ex and buy a si! .. only a couple more g's. but if you want to go fast... you have to fork out the money... it'd b nice to buy new turbos or super chargers for 700 bucks. that'd be great! and exhaust/header/intake all for 300 total.. i'd be dead by now from going so fast. but no... everything is expensive. the best thing if you want power now is buy a si.. and then go from there...

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
considering buying an si, since i have this car and have made payments. how much more do you think it would actually be. i might go check them out tomorrow if it won't be that much, maybe a used 07 or something.