Check Engine light, O2 sensor help

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my check engine light is on blah blah blah...I went to advancedauto, hooked up the obd2 code reader, and it gave me P0136 (o2 sensor circuit malfunction, bank 1 sensor 2) ,P0138 (o2 sensor circuit high volts, bank 1 sensor 2), P0139 (o2 sensor CKT slow response, bank 1 sensor 2), P0141 (o2 sensor heater circuit malfuncttion) , and P1457 (manufacturer control auxillary emissions controls ). So i erase the codes and run my car for a little while, and the only code that comes up after that is the P0141 code.

So my questions are,

1.) Is bank 1 sensor 2 the upstream or downstream o2 sensor?

2.) Where do you recommend buying a new 02 sensor?

3.) The P0136, 0138, 0139, 0141 seem to be directly affected by the faulty 02 sensor, but what does the P1457 (manufacturer control auxillary emissions controls) mean?

thanks for your help

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like your downstream o2 is shot (the one in your cat converter)

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 1457 code is a evap code.leak at canister area. check yur hoses at the charcoal canister.all the other codes are o2 related. hope this helps.

vertech0

5+ Year Member
i just had my 02 sensor replaced. honda wanted $250 for one. i did get a ghood univeral one. you will have to cut wires though, but so far i havent seen any issues. its up to you.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can get you a direct fit o2 sensor for a decent price from Advanced Auto. LMK. Since your local it'll be easier

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just got the same rear. it was only 116 from napa. plus i get a little discount. as for evap, gas cap?